Basta Legal Services Review

Ned was a fantastic attorney in my case. I was very happy with his strategy and work ethic. He Resolved all aspects of my case without delay.
ID
Miami, Florida
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Beware of Basta

These people are slimy shady snakes. Even the real non profit law firms think they are shady. Their mode of operation is to request a jury trial for every eviction case. Then they go to the property owner and try to squeeze them for money, thinking that they won't want to pay a trial lawyer and would pay them instead. Then when they get a settlement for a tenant they take basically ALL of the money. So much for helping low income people. Ned Harris is the worst one. He does nothing but file lawsuit after lawsuit against us bc he has a personal vendetta because he was fired as our employee. He's actually a tenant of ours so we really couldn't be that bad as landlords go. He does it for revenge because we fired him and he filed a lawsuit against the owner of his property and lost. He even signed something saying he'd never go after us again but alas here he is again, wasting our time. Beware of Basta.

Non profit?? You are kidding right LMAO; maybe the "entity" but not the people that work within it.

BASTA is a non-profit that helps low income families and individuals with housing and immigration issues. Since 2004 we have helped tens of thousands of people at our Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Lancaster locations.

You can read more about BASTA in LA WEEKLY, CurbedLA, or on our website.

At BASTA our volunteers and staff we are really proud of what we do. We believe every tenant, even the poor, deserves legal representation. Sometimes the landlords we beat in court don't like us very much and write mean things, but our clients loves us.

If you're a tenant being evicted, you want BASTA on your side. If you're a landlord and we represent your tenant, we look forward to working with you to find a speedy resolution.

Why don't you contact the Better Business Bureau whre tehy have an A+ or the California State Bar? They seem pretty popular on Yelp too.

Sounds like you're just mad because BASTA beat you?

I had a great experience with BASTA, my neighbors and I in an illegal building all received significant relocation fees. BASTA takes a third, like ALL law firm do... that's what supports all their non-profit cases they lose money on.

View more comments (3)
ID
Los Altos Hills, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article