THEY REFUSED TO COME TO A FARM CALL. WE HAD A CHAMPION SHOW HORSE THAT BROKE HIS LEG

This happened Friday Oct. 26th. Our beautiful 3X World Champion Show Horse broke his leg. We called Barry County Vet to come to a Farm Call that evening. Dr. Pointer was on call. He asked whose horse and what was wrong? We told him our horse & we think he broke his leg. He then began to give us every excuse under the sun why he couldn't come out. We have been regular customers for several years, he said we weren't but I assure we are! He said he didn't even care if he got fired over this. I called their office Monday morning to complain to the Head Vet. He wasn't in that day. I called back Tuesday they said he was on a farm call and would be back in a couple hours. I called back another excuse. I called for 4 days, sometimes 2X a day. The last call they said he was in the barn and would be right in & would call. NO CALL!!! I was fuming by then and left a not so nice message. I told him he was a coward for not speaking with me. What kind of Vets are you guys? We had another Vet out the next morning and yes his leg was broken and he suffered all night long. I vowed I would spread the word as to what they did to us. I'm warning everybody. Don't use them, you could lose a beloved member of your family just as we have. Thank you for reading

Sorry about your horse ; I hate to see animals suffer for any reason. Of course it was stressful for you as well for any number of causes.

But you just can't expect anyone or everyone to jump when you request it. Past performance matters not, each day is a new problem. You didn't mention if you'd had any previous contact with this particular doctor so it's hard to tell if the practice is declining or doctor do-nothing was doctor-drunk or who knows what.

As an engineer, I feel it's a good idea to always have a Plan-B ; now you know another vet who was willing to take your case as requested. Your only slipup was calling the first one too often and blowing your cool ; I do it sometimes too and it doesn't help.

ID
Cassville, Missouri
Service
Barry County Veterinary Service Pet Medical Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article