Broken foot...without so much as a crutch.

This place is an absolute joke of a hospital. We too my mom there on Sunday night after she'd fallen off of a step ladder. To begin with, the woman at reception was no where to be seen. My Dad had to wait for over 5 minutes before she finally popped up to tell him to drive around to the ambulance area so someone could help her from the car. The woman forgot to tell the x-ray tech to do an x-ray on her ankle and foot, and they only did x-rays on her ankle to begin with. 5 hours later, we left with my Mom in a splint that the bandages were already falling off of and no crutches because they don't have crutches in the Barnwell County hospital. Monday was memorial day so everywhere that sells crutches was closed. They scribbled down the name of an orthopedic doctor on a piece of scratch paper and told us to set up an appointment with them. Called Monday to see if I needed to try and get an appointment with someone else since CMI was closed for the holiday, I was told that if I had any problem getting her an appointment to call them back and they'd get her an appointment. I called CMI and was told that they couldn't see her until next Tuesday...leaving her with 4 broken toes and a broken bone in her foot for 9 days...with nothing but a *** splint. I called the ER back and was told that they couldn't/wouldn't do anything and that 9 days should be fine. I told them to nevermind and I would just call and find a competent doctor elsewhere. Unless you're dying...avoid this hospital.
ID
Aiken, South Carolina

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article