Brandon K Dpb
map-marker Jacksonville, Arkansas

Unfinished

This place is a real scam Ive worked in the shop with the idea of learning something about cars. I worked for free as I was doing siding on his personal house throughout the summer of 2021 . We agreed to trade mechanic work on my BMW and on my 2012 Chevrolet lifted truck he was also going to do some welding on my trailer we agreed in the beginning all work would be traded out with $1000 on the back when I got my truck back I noticed that wires had been messed with that some of the zip ties were new I also noticed that my battery was loose my radiator and Who is that I began to inspect the vehicle further noticing that my spark plug wires hadnt been changed I became skeptical so I quit letting him do any of the work on my truck when it was time to settle up after I had done all of the siding work I expressed that he did not give me a full tuneup on my truck like he said he became very angry saying are you calling me a liar and out of that I was forced to leave the situation before it became physical I am led to believe that he has swapped my engine out of my truck because the numbers no longer match the Vin and the previous owner had the truck never done anything extra to the truck except I had it modified in the exhaust and put a stage one kit on it when I brought this up he became very defensive looking to his partner Russell for clarification Russell admitted that they did not change my spark plugs and wires because they were high performanceSo I agreed to cash settlement at which case he said he wouldnt pay for it and now Im in the middle of Hiring an attorney This guy is a liar and does not honor his word at all all that he said he would do to my truck I cant see any of it they got done my truck was in perfect shape when it went in I had just bought it a couple months earlier and it was used so I wanted a tuneup and agreed to negotiate it on a job that wouldve cost thousands at his house stay away from this guy he has no good and has no intention of doing the right thing
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away

Guest

Lier, Your comment is Dumb. Plus you never finished the job on his house.

You are the one that changed the agreement. Not Kevin. You made a claim that is not possible to happen in a few days. PLUS he would of lost money doing something like that.

Every time I go by there his lot is full. You did not hold up your side of the deal. And I know Kevin. He doesn't like people that lie.

He built his business from a little to one of the best repair shops in the state. People come from out of state to get their engine rebuild at Barkers Auto Service. I know we're the house is. And Russ and Kevin had to go back and repair and replace a lot of the work you did.

I have done work out there.

And we have traded it out. And I end up getting more than what I did for him.

map-marker Cabot, Arkansas

Barker Auto Services Dishonest

Needed water pump replaced on my truck. My buddy looked this guy up and called for a quote. All information was given to the owner "Kevin Barker" and he quoted $175 USD labor. The next day I was getting ready to get my truck to Kevin's shop but decided to call first and double check the quote (it's a long drive). I identified as the guy that called yesterday so he knew who I was and the truck info. He quoted me $250 labor. I said okay and hung up. At that very moment my buddy called and I told him what Kevin said. A few minutes later my buddy calls me back. He had called Kevin and asked about the quote. A fight ensued, buddy hangs up. Kevin calls him back with a different number and says "Now it's my turn to hang up on you" click. Later I took my truck to a firestone garage and it was $95 labor. With tax etc $137 total. I don't know what Kevin Barker's problem is but he made a quote and then upped it by $75 and then the whole call you back and hang up deal? I'd stay clear of using this shop. Why was his original quote $175... then $250 while another shop did it for $100??
Loss:
Cons:
  • Upping the quote for no reason
Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Need an apology and $100 for causing pain and suffering and being dishonest

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article