Barker Auto Services Dishonest

Needed water pump replaced on my truck. My buddy looked this guy up and called for a quote. All information was given to the owner "Kevin Barker" and he quoted $175 USD labor. The next day I was getting ready to get my truck to Kevin's shop but decided to call first and double check the quote (it's a long drive). I identified as the guy that called yesterday so he knew who I was and the truck info. He quoted me $250 labor. I said okay and hung up. At that very moment my buddy called and I told him what Kevin said. A few minutes later my buddy calls me back. He had called Kevin and asked about the quote. A fight ensued, buddy hangs up. Kevin calls him back with a different number and says "Now it's my turn to hang up on you" click. Later I took my truck to a firestone garage and it was $95 labor. With tax etc $137 total. I don't know what Kevin Barker's problem is but he made a quote and then upped it by $75 and then the whole call you back and hang up deal? I'd stay clear of using this shop. Why was his original quote $175... then $250 while another shop did it for $100??
ID
Cabot, Arkansas
Service
Barkers Auto Service Car Part Replacement
Cons
  • Upping the quote for no reason
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Need an apology and $100 for causing pain and suffering and being dishonest

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article