Barcelos Flame Grilled Chicken Staff Review from Slough, England

Last night after 10 my husband & decided to stop @ the Engen Garage(Barcelos) in Mount Edgecombe to get a take away. There was an male who was screaming @ a car driving off,we didn't make much of it then, we entered browsed the menu, the guy walks in & starts screaming @ the staff, we thought it was a bit odd, but carried on minding our on business! we were placing our order when he walks up to my husband & asks are you a cop? Are you packing? Where's your gun? my husband said no & @ this point we were a bit confused, he replied I am going to search you & proceeded to run his hands throught my husbands Jacket, my husband then said that he was here to buy food, to which the man replied that he's not so innocent..Immediately I felt fearful & told my husband its best that we leave, his response then was that it was a smart choice & yes we must leave .. The cashier @ the Barcelos till said under her breath yes guys leave.. Upon exiting he followed us insisting to talk & my husband said to him he thinks its best we leave.. He asked my husband his name & put out his hand for a handshake..To not cause any further confrontations, my husband replied & shook his hand! What an absolutely horrid & petrifying experience, why are there no guardssecurity patrols or some sort of assurance to customers when walking in to a quick shop that they will not be hassled by people of this calibre?? It was an absolutely terrifying experience, this man was highly intoxicated & really did not give a ***.. He was a ticking time bomb. I will never want to go back to that garage, I was troubled & had a sleepless night thinking what would have happened , if my husband would have reacted or this man became even more irate! Engen Garage please view cctv footage from this branch & u will see exactly what transpired. It is up to you to insure that your customers feel safe whilst on your premises, clearly that didn't happen last night.. The staff didn't know what to do or how to handle the situation. This is how innocent by standers get caught in the cross fire. I am troubled by this incident.. This man invaded my husbands personal space & not one of the staff tried to intervene or asked if we where okay, they just looked on in silence.. I still cannot get over it. Something really awful could have happened last night ! Thank God we got out of there when we did.
ID
Slough, England
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article