Bad experience getting my car fixed.

Balkan Automotive - Bad experience getting my car fixed.
In january 2019. I took my Land Rover Lr 3 in for an oil leak, it took them 3 attempts of waiting 4 parts, dropping off the truck, then picking it up & finding out that its still leaking & now the check engine light was mysteriously on even tho it hadnt been on when i 1st took it there. Almost 2 weeks of calling off work & being without a vehicle ! I lost a client due 2 this. 1st they did the valve cover gaskets, then the o2 sensors, then the o ring. The owner ended up having 2 redo everything 2 fix the leak. But the check engine light still was on. Decided 2 give them a 2nd chance b cuz i had ordered 4 brand new tires, plus needed new brakes & needed them on asap. They 4got to order the brakes twice after i reminded them, which caused me 2 have 2 wait an extra week w my 4 new tires sitting in my living room. They dont make appointments, its so unorganized & a big confusing mess of 40 cars jammed into a tiny parking lot ment for 20 cars, the office & garage look like a tornado hit them. College kids who keep beer in a fridge in the front office 4 all the customers 2 see. Was told they "hate working on my type of truck" & didnt even explain y. I got bumped out of my "appointment" once, i was told 2 come back the next day, so i did, and was told a friend of the mechanic needed stuff done 2 his car b4 going on a vacation. So i was told 2 come back another day. They did my tires & brakes, & when i went 2 leave the low tire pressure light was on. The tires were half empty plus the caps werent put on. I also saw black finger prints, hand prints on my doors outside & inside. I saw black greasy foot prints on my floor mat & going up the side of the floor on the carpet. There was even a black foot print on the bumper on the front of my truck ! I went in & complained & the guy said bring it back 2moro & we will fix everything. I needed it 4 work so i filled them w air but i did go back the next day & the owner "tried 2 find" my valve cover caps. He couldnt find them all so i picked up new at autozone. He offered 2 clean the black grease, but i said id do it myself. My truck is white ! Its used but its still in great shape. The check engine light was still on, & it was driving weird, so i decided 2 take it 2 another garage. They checked the brakes & saw that someone has cut the brake sensor wires & had just stuffed them up in the hole w a new piece of electrical tape ! Also the bolts were loose & wiggly on my tires & the water pump was bad & they (Balkan auto) had supposedly looked over my truck & found nothing wrong. I went 2 hav a calm discussion w the owner & all he did was stare at me & he offered 2 fix the brake sensors & clean the black greasy finger prints, but i said no. I tried 2 give him some suggestions & pointed out my concerns, but he just sat there staring at me. I would hav liked an explaination of who did it & y. I dont reccomend anyone go 2 this garage, the prices r very cheap,but they could really hurt someone and its not worth it.
ID
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Service
Balkan Automotive Car Repair
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article