Do not get your hopes up

Wow, you had to go door to door afterall. When I was interviewd I was told there would be no door to door and no cold calling it would only be customer retention and Business to Business. I did not get the second round or even a job offer but I was prepaired to say no thank you anyway. They only have one client and that is AT&T, not what I call real job security. The office had a differant name on the door, the carpet was filthy, the walls were in need of paint and the building it self had a smell of old mold. I was not impressed with Erin at all and the girl working the fron desk had her ear buds in was unatentive the whole time.

I cannot say I agree with this person. Not only were they not offered another interview/position with the company, they have terrible grammar and spelling.

The people at Balboa have been very forthcoming with information when I ask questions and all of their other reviews on other sites are very good. Besides, At&t is a huge company.

I do not see them going anywhere any time soon. I plan on attending my interview.

@PissedConsumer925117

You are either the owner or you are a newbie who is still drinking the koolaid. I promise you, either way, you will eventually admit you were WRONG! You might not admit it publicly, but you will admit it to yourself and your friends/family.

@PissedConsumer925117

What good reviews are you talking about? LMAO!

View more comments (2)
ID
Houston, Texas
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Commission ONLY not even minimum wage

I lost my job in Salem OR several months ago because my position was no longer needed. After months of unemployment I got an email from Balboa Concepts INC who represented AT&T. I had wanted to move to Houston anyway so I hopped on a plane and flew out for an interview. I was intervieed by Erin Redmon the owner and after a quick 5 min interview, she scheduled me in to come back for round 2. This one consisted of three of us girls waiting for about 20 minutes before Erin introduced us to her assistant manager Houston Bryant (Houston Ek on Facebook). He took us to Starbucks and asked us each a few questions like "What do you want in a company?" And "What do you do for fun?". He outlined our job path and what we could expect to be paid. After nearly two hours of watching the other girls throw themselves at him(not going to lie, he was attractive and charming), we went back to the office where Erin asked us the same questions over again and then told us she'd let us know. Beleive me I was thrilled to be offered the job. I thought I was the only one. But I wasn't. There were six in all that started the week off. We were trained in office for one day and then sent out with a trainer the following days. I spent most of the time with Houston and two other trainees out in Dayton. That was easy territory because the people didn't have many internet and cable options. After being moderately successful in the country, they sent me out solo. If I made a sale that day, I would get a $50 bonus. Sounds great. Oh wait...they sent me to a neighborhood that had a no soliciting policy. Some people even had it on their doors. But I had to try and sell to them anyway. I even asked Houston to make sure. Needless to say, I made no sales and got no bonus. But hey, when I got done with that horrible day, Erin told me I could crash with her since my hostel was booked and I had nowhere to go. And Houston drove me there and bought me froyo on the way. So not a total loss. Well it kind of was because I never earned any money that day. A friend of mine brought this website to my attention and I realized I was being sucked in. I went to Erin to find out how much my paycheck was going to be and she was very cagey about it. That was the final red flag I needed. I quit right there. I just got my paycheck and at best, I was paid around $4 an hour. I was pretty nearly promised $300-$500 a week and I was paid $121 for a six day week. If there is anyone out there wanting to know about the company, I hope they find this article. I'm not some disgruntled fired employee. I was being groomed for management. I quit on my own terms. The sales world in general tends to be pushy and manipulative. But if I'm going to work my butt off being pushy and manipulative, at least pay me minimum wage to do it. Don't be sucked in by promises of wealth, work friends and success. You deserve better than that.

***, don't whine about it, at least he took you to Starbucks. He only bough me a cup of water lol

I received an email to come in an interview. I wanted to do some research on the company to find out more about them.

I couldnt find anything. I thought maybe because it was a new company.

But even their own website is deceptive...no info...just seems to be a motivational speaker website. Not impressed and I will not be going for interview, wasting gas to drive where everyone gets hired to slave for pennies on a dollar.

These door to door, 100% commission jobs are a dime a dozen. Do you realize you booked a flight to speak to a hiring person that would have hired you as long as you had a pulse and could stand upright?

View more comments (2)
ID
Houston, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article