I paid 100.00 for babylon7 computer crashed I had to by babylon8 another100.00 I got a new computer

two years ago I got babylon7 at a cost of $100.00 when my computer crashed they would not let me dowload the diccionary that I had paid for in stead I had to buy babylon8 for another $125.00, now I have a new computer and the code to download the diccionary is no good my advice is do not do bussiness with them this Company is a rip off, I am an interpreter and I have to have diccionaries to do my job, but I am not willing to be rip offby this people I did contacted the company they did not retuned my E-mails or phone calls,BEWARE

Umm, no offense meant, but ... WHY didn't you back it up?

Always back up your installed software.

I blame you more than the company for not having those things backed up ASAP as you get them!

BUSS!

ID
Livingston, New Jersey

Babylon hacked in and not won't leave!!

Don't know how it got on my computer I have McAfee ( from Comcast) Just a search engine that won't go away Comes up every time So I went to the site and do ya think there is a help desk..... Yup there is But can you send a question, NOPE you get to fill out a nice looking form,... Oh butt you can't send it,... there's no send link button FML Isn't life tough enough as it is OH well thanks for-listening I'll send out a holler-back to my Facebook Friends to.. Be careful!

Somehow you downloaded it. Probably ddn't watch closely enough to keep from gettiing it by unticking the box that offered it.

Many people get fooled this way; welcome to the internet!

READ the screens and know the policies at any site you visit! That piece of junk Chrome is the latest push; it's offered all the time on downloads; ya gotta keep your eyes OPEN and READ the screens, I'm afraid.

Babylon is an insidious program promoted and supported by Mozilla Firefox.It hacks in to your system and is impossible to remove.

I used Firefox for four years without any problems until I had to do a reformat sure enough, when I downloaded a new version of Firefox, Babylon appeared like a fat, evil gnome that resisted all efforts to remove. Solution ? Get rid of Firefox and all references to Babylon,(Control Panel) install another browser and find suddenly you have a babylon free PC.

Moral : Avoid Firefox thus avoiding Babylon.

@PissedConsumer230810

I've seen that with the version 18 download; you simply uncheck the box for it and it won't download.

And, it can be removed. Have you looked for an uniinstall program in the uninstall box?

And of course, Add-Remove?

Or searched for in the Regstry and startup folder? Etc.?

View more comments (2)
ID
#200941 Review #200941 is a subjective opinion of poster.
West Harwich, Massachusetts

About

Babylon8 FAQ
To read more: http://www.babylon.com/faq.html
Summary

Babylon 9 is a translation application. It has several advantages that makes it very competitive among other applications. First of all, Babylon 9 is available in over 75 languages, has over 2,000 dictionary titles (including Oxford, Britannica, Wikipedia), supports live translation community, has spelling and proofreading. Also this application has human voice, it is integrated seamlessly into Microsoft Office Speller and has web pages and documents translation function. Application is very easy to install and use. Babylon 9 web site offers to download free version of application and try it. Company gained a number of one million users and celebrating this data, customers can purchase Babylon 9 with 30% discount.

Babylon8 reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article