Lied to about a Vacuum!

I will start off by saying that the product this company sells is wonderful. My rainbow vacuum has to be one of the best purchases I have made. However, with that said this has got to be one of the most crooked companies to deal with. During the demonstration we were told that if we gave 2 names of couples we would get a humidifier...we gave the names and got the humidifier...okay. Then after we bought the vacuum we were told if you get us 2 more names that set up appointments you can get $700 worth of free products for your vacuum. We did that..okay. During the signing of ALL the papers, with my husband standing at our kitchen walkway(before we had all of our names), I asked Nick if we don't get a 4th name can we still get some credits for free stuff since we bought a vacuum AND got them 3 names within an hour or two. He said yes he'd still give us $500 worth since we got those names and bought a vacuum. LIE! Let me just say that if this statement would have never been made to us, I would have no problems. However, it was said and we knew no different so we believed him. We also didn't receive the paper that supposedly has all of the prize information on it, so how were we to know this was false? Now that we have not had a 4th couple actually do the demonstration (and not received any extra prizes), they are saying that that statement goes against protocol and Nick never strays from protocol! Um...bull hockey! I was also told that there was a sheet with all the bonus prizes on it that had all the information of what we had to do to qualify for prizes and we didn't follow certain criteria...which we NEVER got! Apparently he gives those to everyone....uh huh. They keep saying well just give us one more name and we'll give you your prizes. Um NO! I will not send anymore of our family and friends to a company that tells lies to it's customers, apparently on PURPOSE! My husband even went in to an interview/training to possibly sell the vacuums since we loved ours sooo much, thinking we could even potentially get credits towards the price of our vacuum. He now refuses to do any work that will help make them money. If you have to lie to people in order to encourage them to buy your product there is a problem and clearly since it was so late that evening, Nick just wanted to get us to sign on the dotted line and get out. He told us things that he knew wouldn't happen just so we would still give them business. If you ever have the urge to buy a Rainbow vacuum...do it from someone else! If you ever have anyone want to come give you a demonstration from this company DON'T!
ID
King, North Carolina
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • Service from the staff
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article