Terrible experience.

Ed is the business owner as well as one of the two movers for our job yesterday. He stormed out of our house while calling me a *** piece of *** lowlife, *** *** -- you name it... You're probably thinking we must have done something terrible to get him to blow up like this, right? Here's what provoked him: One of the dressers that was unloaded to our new place had a wooden support beam hanging down, broken at the peg. To our knowledge, it wasn't broken prior to the move so we inquired about it. Ed said it was already loose when they picked it up and that it had broken when they placed it on the dolly. All fine if that actually was the case. I simply asked Ed if he had some type of process to note existing damage of furniture that they're moving. Not talking about little dings or scratches, but like, "hey, this whole wooden piece is hanging off - let's take note of that and at least mention it to the customer so they know we didn't break it during the move." Seems pretty common sense for a moving company to have something like that as part of their SOPs? Not with AZ Student Movers! This is when Ed stormed out and began swearing at me and calling me every name in the book as I just looked at him in disbelief... like what are you doing, dude? I'm not even arguing with you, I'm not being combative back to you I asked a simple question. I even looked over to his partner/employee as he looked back at me in disbelief/embarrassment, mouthing "sorry! I don't know!" to me. It's not an expensive dresser, and we weren't looking to "scam you" out of any reimbursements or insurance claims. It's a cheap dresser. We didn't want a refund for your services. It was nice to see other negative reviews here corroborating Ed's exact behavior here which shows that it wasn't just an abnormal "bad day" for him. Make sure you take good note of this and other negative reviews before considering working with Ed's company. Ed clearly doesn't know how to deal with customers and certainly needs to implement some more standards when it comes to running a moving company. I've dealt with many moving companies over the years and have self-moved my fair share of homes and offices (cross-country, cross-state, and across the street). I understand customers who try to "scam you" exist and dealing with people all day everyday can make you snap sometimes. I gave Ed 24 hours before posting this to see if he might reach out to clear things up after he cooled off. Nothing came through. Oh well.

User's recommendation: Don't use AZ Student Movers.

ID
#2195824 Review #2195824 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Service
Az Student Movers Moving Service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article