Axiobionics Reviews

Show reviews that mention
wearable therapy therapy insurance garment companies appointment money evaluation sleeves issues
Filter review

Axiobionics wearable device (Triplex) is great, from Ann Arbor MI

I suffer from MS and have foot drop in my right leg and overall leg weakness. When I saw what Axibonics has to offer for these specific issues (on my right leg) I decided to set up an appointment and get an evaluation and tight after I tried the Trplex device they have developed and manufactured I decided to purchase it on the spot. I have been using it for three weeks now and I can tell that the amount of energy I use to walk, climb small stairs an driving has been reduced by at least 60%. I am very happy and satisfied with the product and service provided. I have to mention that there is no guarantee any Insurance company will pay for it without a fight due to the stupid reason that there is no code to use in a claim yet (and that is not Axiobionics fault, it is the health system). I sit worth it? EVERY PENNY it met my expectations and I recommend it!
Scio, Michigan
Pros
  • Personal and professional care
Exactly as described/ advertised

Mediocrity

The idea and product is of great benefit. I have been using electric stimulation prior and it has helped me tremendously. I had issues with the owner as well. We we're mislead on what the garment was actually going to cover, never told that there was a one year warranty for something that cost $10,000. The controller is decades out of date and the garment is not well made. For the money they charge the quality, up to date technology, and customer service is far from what it should be.
Warranty issue

Excellent product! Extremely pleased with wearable therapy.

Wearable Therapy After eight years of being a quadriplegic, my muscles have atrophied to about nothing. This of course does terrible things to my overall health. Pain in my shoulders and joints, along with making me more vulnerable to pressure ulcers (of which I have had several). I have tried several different products to increase blood flow and add some muscle mass to my body. I had no success until I found out about the company Axiobionics and their product called wearable therapy. Another quadriplegic I know had been using it and had definitely increased his muscle mass. I started out with the shorts because I thought they would help me heal one of my pressure ulcers. The increased blood flow to the area and stimulation to the muscles I believe were key factors in it healing. My wound Dr. thought it was a help as well. I know that I increased muscle mass in my quadriceps because I can see it with my own eyes. I have since bought the lower leg sleeves, and a vest that goes along my spinal cord with electrodes. My goal with that one is to keep my back straight so that I dont end up hunched over. The wearable therapy products are individually produced so they fit perfect. Dr. Philip Muccio is the creator of the product. He also personally measured and delivered the pieces to make sure they worked. You wont find better customer service than that. I cant say enough about how pleased I am with this company. Unfortunately insurance doesnt cover these products. Insurance only covers after you have a problem, not something that could prevent it!
Service
Axiobionics Procedure
Good customer service

Axiobionics Wearable Therapy Review

I love my wearable therapy! I am a T6 paraplegic and I have the ab belt, the back belt, the calve sleeves and the shorts. My legs are very firm and my parabelly is almost gone! I can wear the belt back during the day because it has a portable battery pack! It is great to help with balance! The whole entire set up is great and the staff is wonderful and accommodates you the best they can!
Lilesville, North Carolina
Good quality

We love this product and company

My husband has had numerous problems with drop foot and a turned in foot, thus causing him to fall a lot. On the day of his testing he walked for a 1/2 hour with out one problem, Phil (CEO) took the test model off my husband who then walked 3 steps and fell. Phil has met with us when we needed to even on Sunday. He has worked with us with all sort of issues. My husband is huge and thus breaks braces and other mobility aids on a regular bases. Phil has worked with us when other companies would not. Prior to meeting with Phil we were referred to another company who stated they did the same type of product, when there product would not work because a wire was too short, they said oh well, we can't do anything about it. Phil only makes custom braces and they take time. He has sent them back to the factory when they were not made to his specifications. He will not give you devices until he is satisfied they are perfect for you. We have been working with Phil for almost 10 years and would not want any one else to make his braces.
Good customer service

Axio Bionics Therapy is the best on the market PERIOD!!

my son could not be healthier. you can see a 2 year old video on you tube when we were able to add 4" to his thighs in just a few months of regular use. we now use the therapy 7 days a week twice per day, at night while he sleeps. IT WORKS! its expensive but it works and remember you get what you pay for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPHello My son became a quadriplegic in 2010. he was 15 at the time. we found out about Axio Bionics shortly after his injury and looked them up. We were EXTREMELY disappointed i traditional thearpy that was available for our son. not only was it extremely expensive but very limited thus reducing the possiblr progress. We were even more taken back when we found out that even though traditional therapy wasnt very effective, it was covered by our insurance but not Axio Bionics Wearable Therapy. So we began fundraising and was able to raise money for the therapy. We have been using it for over 4 years and the results are unbelieveable!! My son was 135 lbs when he got out of the hospital and he is now over 180 pounds with not fat or atrive of his muscles. in fact he is in be physical condition than most able body people i know. not only do I support this product and this company but I urge insurance companies to step up and approve its purchase and use. I am saving them Thousands of dollars on physical they cost andT1iueY7Zk
White Lake Township, Michigan
Good quality

Resolved: Waited a full year to later be told that I would never get my garment

Update by user Nov 04, 2015

Axiobionics came through for me with my wearable therapy unit. Although the process took several years longer than expected, I can't believe that I finally have relief to the pain I have been feeling for over 8 years.

The unit fits me perfectly (it was specifically made to my measurements) and it is very comfortable. Most importantly, it has helped me to feel more energized and alive! Since getting my unit, I have been able to stand for extended periods of time without pain and have been sleeping through the night without cramping and jumping from the nerve damage I have. Axiobinics is a God sent!

More doctors need to find out about it and start recommending it for their patients. It certainly beats addictive and expensive pain medications that cause scary side effects.

Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2014
I met with the company's CEO, who measured me and evaluated my situation. He said my garment would be ready in a month. My local orthotic company kept in touch with him on an ongoing basis and they were reassured that my garment was being worked on. After several month, the local company asked me to call myself. Finally, after more than six months, I received a call back from the CEO, who asked me all the same questions he had asked during my evaluation. He once again promised that my garment would be done soon. A year later, I was informed by my local company that they had fired Axiobionics and that i would never get my garment.

in fact he is in be physical condition than most able body people i know.

Resolved
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

After an evaluation, the company and owner is very shady and unproffesional.

I came in for an evaluation that took about 2 hours which is very frustrating. Reason being is that not only was he 30 minutes late to my appointment, but during the evaluation, the clinician gets completely off topic and starts talking about his problems with insurance companies and FDA regulations and it seems almost at some point you're sitting there listening to his problems like you're his therapist. This should have taken no longer than an hour and since this took so long, I had to cancel my physical therapy appointment that day. After a pointless conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with my symptoms, he finally told me that the garment I needed was going to be $7,000. When I asked why so much, he replies that the sleeves are custom fitted to my arm, the only selling feature I guess because when I asked him about other unique features, he couldn't respond with any real reason why they were so ridiculously priced, just that they were custom fitted. Utterly shady, like all he wanted was you're money. (Since he didn't really talk about my symptoms, it makes sense now.) I bought a similar garment that is off the shelf therefore you do not need a prescription for $200 but didn't quite fit right with the way my arm is so I had it tailored to fit for $30. $230 and I had the same product that did the same thing and I'm sure worked just as good if not, better then this sketchy companies product. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK. NOTHING BUT FDA PROBLEMS ON GOOGLE AND A SHADY AND LECHEROUS MAN. WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY

Axio does take so long and meaningless talk for the issue at hand, simply because each garment is custom made for the individual. And nonsense is discussed in hopes to make time go faster and it teaches Axio more about their patient.

Not last but at the end for now, I did almost a decade of Braces and meds. Yes it was doable but not an easy life to live.

Madness, madness I say. If I would have found Axio earlier it probably would have saved me from years of pain and agony.

Not to mention, so much cheaper than almost a decade of Botox and medication. I mean no offense by commenting, but get your facts straight.

Shady company. Scam!

Look elsewhere. These items are everywhere.

Scam! Scam!

Scam!

View more comments (3)
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Do not buy a device from Axiobionics (aka Wearable Therapy)

My auto insurance company allowed me to get a medical device from Axiobionics after my car accident. This is a custom-made garment and it has some electrical gizmo that helps with pain. And I will be able to use my arm more. I met with the head of the company, who evaluated & measured me for the device. I waited for a number of weeks, then discovered that HE HAD NEVER EVEN TURNED IN THE MEASUREMENTS. Now, I am being told that I have to make another appointment, travel 2 hours to meet with him again, all because of his screw-up. There are few companies that make this stuff and I've heard good things about their products but I'm not sure I trust these idiots!

in fact he is in be physical condition than most able body people i know.

10/17/2013 18 months ago my son received Axiobionic Wearable Stim Therapy, 9 years post accident. Axiobionics gave him a giant leap forward in his recovery.

It has truly been a miracle. The increase in circulation to his extremities improved beyond our expectations.

The device he uses for walking literally allows him to walk with a push of a button. Our only regret is that we didn't find out about Axiobionics earlier.

@PissedConsumer730319

I had undergone an evaluation from the same company and they had done the same thing with me. Months had gone by before I heard back from the company.

When they finally contacted me, they gave me some *** saying it was going to take more time to settle things with insurance companies or something. After months had passed, it was obvious this company is unprofessional and didn't seem to care to contact me at all. A joke if you ask me.

This "grateful mother" also sounds like the business owner.

Very, Very sketch. BE CAREFUL OF THIS BUSINESS PEOPLE

@PissedConsumer798919

Well, this is grateful mother again. I just happened to look at this site for the first time since Oct.

2013 comment. I am not, in any way, part of this business. I am however, and continue to be a grateful mother of an Axiobionics recipient. Since using Axio, my son can get up and feed his dog before I am out of bed.

He can walk in the sand again on family vacations. He is able to volunteer at a horse stable where he does therapeutic riding. His quality of life has greatly improved.

I could go on.... So again, I am grateful.

View more comments (3)
ID
#219349 Review #219349 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article