GoBank

My advice: Stay away from GoBank! It took me a week to get an explanation from one of their GoBank Guides as to why I could not complete the online account setup. After you go on their website (either on your desktop or after downloading their iPhone app as I did) and input all your personal info (Name, Address, DOB, SSN, etc.) and choosing a (voluntary) monthly account maintenance fee (between $0 & $9), and designing your customized GoBank debit card, you are prompted to use a debit card and load the new account up to at least $50.00. I tried with my first card - to no avail. Tried again - to no avail. Eventually, I got locked out of accessing the account for for 24 hours because of security reasons. So I try the next day. Still no result. I use another debit card - to no avail. Try again - to no avail. Eventually, I got locked out of accessing the account again for for 24 hours because of security reasons. No my temperature is rising. I try to call they toll free number to reach someone who could walk me through the sign up process, but can't reach anyone. Why? Because I don't know my account number yet, nor do I have a PIN. Their voicemail menu just kicks me out ("Good Bye!"). Meanwhile, I am still looking at the computer screen after I had logged on with the credentials I had set up days earlier. I can't even find a sign off button. It's just not there. So I close the browser, clear all the cache, visited websites, etc., etc., and wait another day. I logged onto to their website again and found a 'contact us' button. I typed in my complaint and sent it off. I tried loading the account via another debit card - to no avail. I tried to even use my Paypal debit card - to no avail. Now I'm thinking that they got all my personal/confidential info, but I got nothing in return. I sent off another nasty complaint requesting an immediate reply either via email or phone. A day later while I'm in an appointment, someone from GoBank leaves a voicemail message. I call back the next day to end up in someones VM box. Finally, today, I got a call back from the GoBank guide apologizing for all the agony I went through. He told me that the first 4 digits of the debit card from my regular bank have been blocked. I asked him "Why?" since that card worked on every other transaction I ever initiated. He couldn't explain it. I told him that my Paypal debit card was also rejected and asked him for a possibly explanation. He stumbled and didn't have one. So I ask him how I can complete my account setup. He says to provide check verification on their system and link my regular bank's checking account with the new GoBank account. Now I'm very suspicious: not only does GoBank already have all my other personal data, plus numbers from 3 debit cards, and they still want me to provide routing & checking account numbers. I told the guy to forget about it and requested a complete account deletion. I told him that I was demanding a written statement from GoBank that all my personal & confidential info had been wiped clean. He tells me that "due to established standards in the financial industry they had to keep the data for some time and that they would keep it safe and that they could not comply with my demand for complete file erasure". Are you with me? I am boiling now. I told him that with any other bank I get a written statement upon closing an account and I demand on getting one from GoBank as well. After all, I told him, according to GoBank's website I still have not yet completed the account setup. Thus I do not consider myself a customer nor do I want to ever again become a customer of GoBank. He put me on hold and came back after a short while to tell me that they will make an exception and email meet my request. So I check my emails and find a confirmation of the account closure, but no where does it say they wiped my info clean. I'm done with them and hope noboby else has to go through what I went through with them. They still have a bunch of data on me, which I believe they obtained under false pretenses. It appears to me that GoBank is a fraud and primarily in existence as the phishing business.

yup, gobank is trash. Stay away from them.

ID
Rocklin, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article