Avery Custom Exteriors / John M. Avery

My complaint is against Avery Custom Exteriors / John M. Avery in Jeffersonville, IN. There are multiple issues. First, approximately 2 1/2 to 3 years ago, I was remodeling a trailer for this contractor and he became involved in a dispute with the owner. The contractor asked if I would wait for my pay until the issue was resolved in court. He owed me $625.00, but he said that if I would wait till the court settled the case he would then pay me $1000.00 for having to wait. The courts settled the issue approximately February 2010 and the contractor lost the case . Once the court case settled, I requested payment. He paid $100.00 to me and refused to pay any more. The second issue is that this contractor offered to sell a van to me. I was to pay for the van by working at his business until I earned the amount due to him. So far, I have done $1,400.00 worth of work that he has deducted from what would have been my pay toward payment of the van. Two weeks ago, he decided he no longer wanted to honor our arrangement and demanded that I turn the van back over to his possession. I requested to be reimbursed the money that was already invested in the van. He refused. He now has possession of the van plus has kept the money. In addition approximately 8 months ago, this contractor found out that a Mexican roofer who subcontracted for him was illegal. He continued to allow this person to subcontract for his business, knowing that he was an illegal alien. During this time, he did take steps to try to help this person gain his citizenship. One way he intended to do this was he came to me and proposed that I have my girlfriend who is now my wife marry this illegal Mexican in order to gain citizenship. He offered to pay us $10,000.00 if we agreed to this, which we did not. From what I understand to date, this Mexican has now gained legal citizenship. However, the contractor allowed him to continue to work regardless of the status of his citizenship. I'm also quite sure that did not file proper paperwork or taxes for this person during this timeframe. Lastly, this contractor has some of his business and/or assets listed under his mother's name, which presents another red flag indicating that he may be covering up some of his activities. I can also tell you that most of his business dealings are verbal and conducted with cash which is under his stipulation.

Mr Avery did work on my homes in 2006. He even signed a contract saying the work was lifetime.

But when emailed Mr.Avery would not respond nor could he be reached by phone except to say he was busy in Etown at the time. So, after you pay Avery Custom Exteriors, do BOT expect to see him again. One of his staff put my outlets in backwards!

I was so happy at the time I made a cd of his work and gave him a great reccomendation. But as far as follow- through FORGET IT!

Furthermore, I believe EVERY word Jeff Schmidt said and I do NOT reccomend this company to anyone I know, or like. :(

ID
Louisville, Kentucky

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article