Avada Reviews

Show reviews that mention
hearing aids hearing warranty aids money office batteries service agent medical information
Filter review

Frustrating Theme

This theme is not for new users. You need to know basic of coding to do it yourself. Waste of money and time. Just uninstalled and swear will never install.

User's recommendation: Do not buy it, I repeat do not buy it if you are new to website designing.

ID
#2086414 Review #2086414 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Kolkata, West Bengal

Terrible service

No help for agent to get replacement tube for 1200P aid I known it's a older model but all I need is tube which she says would be $500 up front. Very disappointed and will not deal with them again and tell everyone I known no to
Monroe, Louisiana
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Extremly bad experience

My stepmother took a hearing test in chicoppee mass and the lady also sold her ,a pile of beans. My mother was shown a hearing test that said she needed hearing aides she kept telling us at home that she couldnt hear any better with the devises in or out. when the company was contacted all they would say is change the batteries and filters and protective cones which i did for my stepmother and all the agent would says is lets make an apointment to check them. Now that it is four months there is nothing they can do. my question is why is my stepmothers hearing aides over three thousand and mine is only fifteen hundred dollars. They both apear to be the same. Seeing a patern it apears they take advantage of seniors.
Chicopee, Massachusetts
Avada Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
just return the items

Avada keep calling and providing medical information that I did not give them as I have never been in contact with them, except that they keep calling me.

Avada Hearing Centers, New Jersey I received a call from (903) 708-****, in Pittsburg, Texas. I asked how they got my medical record. She said I gave it to her. I said I have never given anyone in Avada any information. When I asked to speak with her supervisor she said that it was a one person company. When I pressed for information, she hung up the phone. I have no idea of how Avada got medical information on me and they will not provide any information. I called the corporate office in New Jersey and talked with Nate Guy, a floor manager there, and asked to speak with the CEO. He said that they didn’t have one but only had an owner. I asked to speak to him/her. Was told that he wasn’t there. I asked where he was and was told “Denmark”. He said my problem was with the marketing department and was to transfer me there. Next think I get is a recording saying to leave my name and phone number and I would be deleted off their list in 8 weeks. I called back and was hung up on. I just called the 903-708-**** number and got Shannon, in Henderson, Texas. She said that Sharon, her assistant, was the one that called me but she never said that it was a one person company and she would stand by that. I said that is what she told me. She implied that was lying. When I tried to restate that, she said she had customers and hung up the phone.
Avada Customer Care
Cons
  • Read my note
Not as described/ advertised

Avada - Audiology Doctor Review

Poor service. Audiologist seems incompetent. NE MN

My mother 79 is going through this same thing ... She was sold a set of hearing aids 6+ yrs ago and was also sold a " Lifetime " service plan.

Like i said for the last 6yrs . She has been receiving Free batteries & Domes . Today 9/28/2017 i called to get more batteries /Does and was told that her warranty had expired and that her batteries were still free but she has to pay for her domes $10.00 a card.

I was with her when this purchase was made on the hearing aids 6+ yrs ago They were around $8,000 with the extended service plan With free batteries & domes for " Lifetime " . I am waiting for a call from Regional Rep .

This is Just WRONG for them to pull such a stunt on anyone ,

I will be back with an update soon as i get a response from Regional Rep.

I purchased price $5000. Four trips to office problems and concern.

The fix they suggested did not work. Now they tell me my 30 days were up yesterday. Return policy no money returned. Requested contact information no phone number given other than the office where purchased.

Hearing aids still do not fit properly.

Too Bad I guess. No satisfaction BBB next

View more comments (1)
Avada Audiology Doctor
Poor customer service

Salesman vs truth

Approximately 7 years ago I purchased a set of Avada hearing aids for $6000.00 I did this because salesman said they had a lifetime warranty, lifetime supply of batteries and would be the last hearing aids I would ever have to buy. As my hearing changed they could attach them to a computer and program them to match my hearing change. Today I visited the Lexington, NC office for a check up. I was expecting an updated programing, but instead I was given the option of having them fixed for $810.00 or buying new ones for around $5100.00. The company has lost nothing, however I have lost my hearing for the rest of my life!! I bought the set on borrowed money, but it seemed justified based on what my wife and I were told. Now, I am seventy five years old and on social security and there is no way I can afford the purchase again that I thought I had paid for.

I have wore hearing aid for 40years. This undoubtedly has been the worst hearing aid ever.

Constantly breaking down. Would not recommend to no one!!!!!

This saved my wife & I a lot of money. We had an appointment for her to have an hearing test.

We know she can't hear much in one ear.

After read the post above from the couple in Lexington NC we will cancel the exam an just continue to get by. We live near Asheboro.

@PissedConsumer1024300

Avada has always taken care of my hearing needs and have always been there for me when I needed them. The staff and team in the Lexington NC office have brought my life back to me.

They were thorough with me about my hearing and my needs. I don't know what may have happened to you but the practitioner in this office had everything written out for me to sign when she fit me.

Don't always go by what you read from one person, go try them out for yourself, I sure am glad I did. Love those girls in that office.

View more comments (2)
Warranty issue

Aura hearing aids

I am having trouble with the aura brand hearing aids,, I have gone through 2 of them with many trips to have them repaired and they are getting worse to deal with. My warranty run out soon and I am going to be stuck with this POS thing and have to go buy another after just one year. Does anyone else have any of these? B b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b

Aura hearing aids just like most of them get moisture in them especially if you still work and sweat a lot. Talk with your provider and ask them what you can do as far as exchange if it has been a year they can give you a trade in value.

Aura is not the top of the line and as such do not perform as well as some other counterparts.

When a repair is made it is $200 but everything is replaced and at this point Aura is so outdated that they end up giving you a brand new aid and not fixing the old one. So for $200 you have a brand new aid that costs close to $1500.

I went through exactly the same thing, now my warranty is up and they want almost $200 to repair. The aid was always having to be kept in the little jar to get the moisture out.

I have never had these problems before in 20+ years of owning aids. I would go to a better company and write off the avada ***, I dont think the fixing fee is even worth it for what I would get out of it.

You could invoke the lemon law but dont hold your breath

View more comments (1)
Wahkon, Minnesota
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article