Autotemp Air and Sound HAS hidden costs

On http://www.autotempairandsound.ca/ there is a current add for January Discount Days for car starters. Booking from Jan 15 to 31/12 will give 15% off if booked on the 15th, 16% off on the 16th etc. This sounded like a great deal and based on our schedule we booked the 30th and so it would be 30% off. The starter we chose was about $720 - here's the cut and paste: Completely installed with no hidden charges $717.95 plus GST (Most Vehicles). So today we get a call saying the next booking is next month & we called to see if we could still get the sale price and they said 20% IF PREPAID. I check my email and the bozo that sent it said $850 plus GST????? So I reply via email questioning the price AND considering: 1) online bookings covers GST 2) the "no hidden costs" 3) the site still advertises this sale here's the cut and paste of the reply: I am very sorry you were unable to take advantage of our January Sale. Most of, if not all of the later dates in January were booked early in January ( so much so that we had a waiting list). We then decided to offer a 20% discount to those people who had missed out. Your ***** is not an easy car to work on and requires extra hours. I do beleive that the price I gave you was a very far one and if you change you mind let me know. So if we had not have called, bozo Bill who quoted me this price would have quoted us a price at full pop plus "hidden charges". As I replied back to him - what a joke. I would strongly suggest going else where and confirming all charges before booking an appointment.
ID
Edmonton, Alberta

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article