Leon S Pqv

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Mobile, Alabama

Dealer Misrepresentation

About a week ago, I visited Autonation Ford in Mobile, Alabama. I attempted to make a deal with Thomas Bethea (new car sales manager).

We were unable to make a deal because he wouldn't calculate sales tax based on the county where I live. He said the rate he quoted was my sales tax but I knew it wasn't and thought he should know that as well

I texted several times the following week hoping to buy this f 150. Two days ago, I drove to Mobile (65 miles) trying to complete this purchase. When I arrived, Bethea stated that they had gone to msrp on all their vehicles and I should have taken the deal previously.

A member of my family decided to see if he could get the truck and was quoted in writing a discount of nearly $3,000 approximately 30 minutes after I left the dealership. The next day this family member clarified a couple of more discounts on this same truck. I then called the salesman that he dealt with and told them that I would be taking that deal and my family member and I would be down to the dealership before 5 the same day. I attempted to call the salesman and Bethea to place a deposit on this truck but neither returned my calls.

The truck supposedly sold even though I had told them I would buy it. Before all this happened, I left word on the General Manager's voice mail asking that he return my call. This was about 9 am and approximately 12 noon, I emailed him asking for a return call. He finally called about 3:30 that afternoon and assured me the truck was sold.

His lack of response contributed to this debacle.

It is my belief that the Bethea was upset because I had gotten better price through my family member. I am not sure if he could thought that he could take advantage of me because of my age but my younger family member had not problem securing this deal.

I feel that Autonation Mobile, Thomas Bethea and the general manager were deceitful and misrepresented the entire process of buying this truck.

Dealings like this is what gives automobile salesman/dealerships a bad name but in this case, it is well deserved. My family was in the automobile business for nearly 50 years and it apparently upset Autonation that I am knowledgeable about how the process should work.

Cons:
  • Cannot be trusted in buying process

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Avoid Autonation

Byron Y Zgr
map-marker New Orleans, Louisiana

Great service

I just wanted to make it known that Salesman Willie Gaston and Financial Manager Ralph we're excellent. It was the best today buying our KIA SOUL. They made it a very pain Free and enjoyable experience. Just wanted to let you know when we buy our next vehicle we will be there.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article