Was sold a lease extended warranty on a purchased vehicle

I purchased the vehicle mid 2015 from this location, it was a financing nightmare to begin with. When purchasing I discussed a 75k and 100k extended warranty with the sales rep at the time. Flash forward to today (8/3/2017) I took my truck in to a dealership to get recall and warranty work done, come to find out the extended warranty was for a lease and expired at 39,000 miles. That was directly from Mopar Protection. My truck has 54,000 and makes no sense as to why I would purchase an extended warranty that expired before my factory warranty. I drive my vehicles and want protection. I called the dealership and they confirmed that the truck was sold with a 39mo/39k warranty. The finance gentleman that I spoke with was very nice, after discussion he changed it to a 60mo/60k warranty, this was nice, but at the end of the day I was sold something not discussed with myself at the time of sale. I feel the practices at the time of sale were deceptive to begin with and this solidifies my feelings of how the "end of the month" transaction was handled. I really would like the extended warranty that I discussed, thought, I paid for at time of purchase. The vehicle was never a lease never even discussed.
ID
Phoenix, Arizona
Product
Mopar Truck Warranty
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
provide warranty that was discussed at time of sale.

Brands Related to Autonation Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram North Phoenix

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article