Incorrectly Installed Viper 5901 System

Brought a new Viper 5901 system in for Automotive Solutions (located at 6549 Joan Dr. in Belvidere, Illinois) to install on my light truck. They installed it but couldn't get the remote start working. After working at it for four hours, they blamed it on my "bad Viper unit." So I took it to another installer and found that Automotive Solutions had incorrectly installed the power to the unit and the unit's connection to the vehicle's computer. After the other installer corrected the problems, the remote start worked fine. Unfortunately, I had to pay to have the same Viper system installed twice.

In looking for info on this company for an installation I'd like to have done for my car, I found this site. The user's story about the Viper System is concerning, but what is terrifying is the immature response from "Your a crybaby!" (which should be "You're" anyway).

If this person truly is employed there, then I will never set foot at their shop.

Anyone valuing customers (at all) will not berate even complaining customers, because potential customers are scared off by that. If you really want your business to grow, you need to be able to take complaints with grace.

Next time buy local products and stop trying to save money on the internet! If you would of bought it here, it would have left here working in the first place, BOB!

Don't drag my name around without telling the whole story.

You also forgot the part about that it left here working with the alarm and keyless entry. If you knew how these things worked, you would know the power for both of those features are also the power for the remote start. What the other guy did was just swap the brain and tell you a B.S. Line that he had to re-wire the whole thing.

You got screwed by the othe guy, not us, BOB! Call and get your money back from him, BOB!

Automotive Solutions gaurantees all of its work and we will not give him his money back. What he forgot to tell is that he only paid half the price he should have paid ($100 instead of $200) because it was not working properly AND it was done over 1.5 years ago and on 4-13-2011 he called looking for a refund.

Some people are so desprate. I would have finished it for free but he's just mad that someone else charged him $250.

What a fool!!! Go cry to somewhere else, BOB!

View more comments (2)
ID
Machesney Park, Illinois

Automotive Solutions Cambridge

I had an issue with some parts on my vehicle and the company's manager made all attempts to remedy the problem. He was able to work through the issues with the supplier. I would recommend all customers to keep all the communications open and attempt to rectify any problem with a clear head. The car and garage industry usually make all attempts to help the customer and through co-operation and understanding, there is always resolution. My car is running well and I have no concerns. If you have any complaints and feel "pissed off" I would suggest you be supportive of your garage as they are usually trying to do their best and sometimes need a little time to rectify the problem.
ID
Auckland, Auckland

About

Summary

Automotive Solutions is a full-service company that specializes in providing automotive accessories goods and services. The company was established in 2004 and is located on the corner of Appleton and state in Belvidere. The company offers a wide selection of automotive accessories such as window tinting, custom car audio and video, custom rims and tire packages, Caps and Tonneau Covers, Neon Light Kits,
Heated Seats, Running Boards and Stepbars, New and Used Snowplows, Spoilers and Ground Effects, Custom Graphics & Pinstripes, Western Snowplow, Trailer Hitches, Navigation Systems and much more. Automotive solutions is staffed with the team of professionals that assists to find the car accessories and make fast installation.

Automotive Solutions reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article