Awesome Company Great opportunity

Automax was one of the best opportunities that I ever got. not to mention everything that you hear on the internet about them charging recruits. money for training is a complete lie. the dealership to go to work for pays for the training just like any other company would anytime you see an ad for Automax that's advertising for a dealership you need to run there and maybe you'll get blessed and get hired by them their training is excellent they been in business for over 30 years it couldn't be more of a solid better company. that's written
ID
Pros
  • Great career
  • Great staff
  • Great pay
Cons
  • Lots of work
Reason of review
Exactly as described/ advertised

Almost scammed into auto sales training by Automax

I was going to write some big long story about exactly how Automax rips people off, and the fact that it is a scam, but I’m going to keep it simple. My story is exactly the same as every other story you read about Automax. Just like everyone else, I responded to what looked to be a real ad for salespeople at Huntington Beach Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram. They are located at 16701 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA 92647. Their phone number is 866-554-****. The general manager’s name is Pete Shaver. Figured I should mention the dealership and general manager since they are helping to steal from unemployed folks by hosting events like this. What kind of a general manager, Pete Shaver I guess, would do that? I interviewed with a guy named Steve Rzepiela from Automax. He isn’t even an employee of the dealership. I went thru the same stupid interview with a word association game and was then told to show up on Wed, Thurs and Friday for training. What he did tell me was that it was unpaid training. That was the first red flag. I decided to show up and see what he had to say. Three hours of fluff including one hour all about him. Mostly just statistics you can get on the internet and a line or two about selling. It was a joke. As he continued to spew out nonsense that didn’t even come close to training, I decided to start reading a bit on my ipad. What did I find? Page after page of complaints about this company from all over the United States, some even mentioning this guy’s name. See what they don’t tell you is that you will be charged between $300 and $500 bucks for this crap, I mean training. Even if there was any substance to the training he thought he was providing, there is no need to pay for training to sell cars. And why is that (the fee) not one of the first things discussed one day one? When I tried to share the info with a few students at the break, I was told by Steve not to “poison:” his class. When did giving accurate facts about someone running a scam to rip people off become poison? My mistake? I didn’t have the courage to stand up in class and alert the rest of the students. I apologize for that. Hopefully the rest of the participants caught on before they paid money that they probably don’t even have. Shame on your Automax and shame on you Pete Shaver.

Automax is nothing but a scam, replete with numerous complaints all over the internet. The training is absolutely worthless. AUTOMAX IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had same experience last spring no I didn't pay anything and I didn't even make a penny off training I felt I wasted 3 days for nothing did automax promise you job with in week if you didn't land job there? if you were told that and nothing same as me

@PissedConsumer1100731

I don't know their end game. I was never asked to pay $500, but it's a scam.

The sponsor of my training was McMullen Ford in Council Bluffs, IA. They did give me an interview after the class, but I could feel it go downhill the second I said I wouldn't lie to a customer.

View more comments (2)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article