Mistreatment by Audi Downtown Los Angeles

DO NOT take your vehicle to be serviced or purchase a car at Audi Downtown Los Angeles. I took my 2011 Audi A4 there after owning it for 11 months for its first scheduled service and while on a test drive the employee of Audi got into an accident. I was told by the Service Manager that they would give me a loaner car and take care of the repairs, however, the body shop takes a long time. I told him that I was concerned that when I want to sell my car it would show up on a CarFAx and that the value has now gone down. He said he would not report it since he would be paying “cash” to the body shop. Three weeks later I got a call from Audi’s insurance adjuster, Tower Group Companies. I told her that I was seeking “diminished value” for my vehicle she said it was “not compensable in California”. State Farm, my insurance carrier said that was not true, however, they could not assist me since Audi’s insurance carrier was paying for the damages to my vehicle and therefore could not go after them. I emailed the General Manager of Audi Downtown expressing my unhappiness with this experience. He wrote me back two days later stating that he would investigate and follow up. He never called me to discuss my concerns. Two days later I emailed Audi Customer Service in Michigan and they said they would look into the matter. They verbally told me that General Manager had agreed to pay me the diminished value but never received anything. Five weeks after the accident I finally received my car back. I received a letter from Audi’s insurance company stating yet again that “diminished value” is not compensable in California. However, if I felt that I had been wrongfully denied to contact the California Department of Insurance, which I did. A case was opened and within 10 days Audi’s adjuster called to me say they had reevaluated the situation and that they would pay me the diminished value. Bottom line is I was the victim in this matter and was treated poorly by everyone involved. Only because I reported them to California Department of Insurance is why I received the diminished value amount. I sold the car and got a Mercedes. I will never drive an Audi again.
ID
Los Angeles, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article