This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter

Verified Reviewer

Unsure of Car Safety

Update by user Aug 23, 2020

Subsequent to my post , the Audi distributor in my area has reached out to me . They provided a free diagnostic tests and have given me a realistic explanation on why the stop start function was malfunctioning .

This had to do with a previous replacement new battery that did not support the stop start functionality. The stalling has now been repaired with the replacement of a new battery. There has been no repitition of the brakes not working subsequent to the initial event, we can only put this down to the malfunctioning stop start system.

In the end I had to pay for the new battery , and also replacement of brake fluid and so far the car is in good working order. In the end it took some good customer service to resolve this situation.

Original review posted by user Aug 12, 2020
I am the owner of an Audi A3 1.4 TFSI (8VS) Year of manufacture 2015. There is a problem with the stop /start function causing the vehicle to frequently stall whilst in the idling period. Recently we suffered break failure after the car stalled. The car was on an incline and there was absolutely no response from the brake (pushed the brake pedal to the floor with no response). I have had to disable the stop /start function whilst driving to keep the car more stable. I am seriously worried that a potential subsequent break failure could lead to more serious consequences. The Audi distributor in the area where I live is not taking this issue seriously and demanding unreasonable service fees to take the car for a diagnostic test. The car was purchased new and is only 5 years old with less than 40 000 km mileage.

User's recommendation: Would like to know if there is any other Audi car owners who face similar problems .

#1910271

Typical response from Audi - ALL OVER THE WORLD. They are trying to pay in the big league but have little league mentality.

ID
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article