Verified Reviewer

STAY AWAY!!!!

The responses from the owner are horrible! Just read them on their Google reviews ! I'm in the school now and I've just experienced one of the Instructors, Juan, who just told me, I wasn't a man. I suspect the said that to me because I asked him not to tell me when to shift while I'm shifting. I told him it throws me off; when I'm about to do the right thing, It makes me stop my thoughts and listen to him and confuses me in the process; especially when we already moved pass shifting and that's not what I'm learning at the time. After he said , I wasn't a man, he stopped the truck while I was driving by pressing the emergency brake, pulled the keys out the truck then got out and told me to walk back to school. I told him, I can't walk back that far as I have Pulmonary Artery Disease (PAD). After a while he got back in the truck and drove back to the school. At this point is when I called Roberto, the owner. Once we got in the school gate and stopped, I had to get out of the drivers door because the passenger door was stuck but Juan blocked the door from me getting out so I yelled to let me out the truck. Remember, I'm still on the phone with the owner at this point. Once I get out of the truck and continue to talk to Roberto the owner, Juan says meet me outside the gate to fight. I called Roberto at least 3 times after that complaining about this guy threatening me today and for Juan to be reprimanded but Roberto said he will handle it and in his opinion the workers are good employees. I just told Roberto on the phone that who ever response's as owner to these reviews, sounds like they're putting down their students and are not taking responsibility for the poor communication and disrespectful staff. FYI... Roberto has been nothing but nice to me but I don't think he realizes how many students are complaining about his staff's disrespect, miscommunication and poor record keeping. I'm establishing a fleet and have trucks already that I just purchased while in this class. I just wanted to get my CDL to know how to drive the trucks in case a driver abandons it, as I'm a new small fleet owner that would be costly. I will not be sending my drivers to this school. I have about 3 friends that I'm about to send to school to get a CDL, so they can drive for my company. It's a good thing I went to school first thinking that the driving time would be better but it's overrated when they are insulting you in the process and not hearing what you need or paying attention to how you learn. I can't believe the instructor Juan put me in danger by slamming the emergency brakes while I was driving after telling me I wasn't a real man. Then tried to kick me out of the truck and told me to walk back to the school because I asked him to let me shift on my own because it throws me off when he keeps disputing me in the middle of my shifting.
ID
East Point, Georgia
Product
Atlanta Truck Driving School Program
Cons
  • Unorganized office
  • Disrespectful staff
Reason of review
Threatened by Instructor Juan and he put us in danger while I was driving. Unorganized and disrespectful staff.
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Scamming School

Atlanta Truck Driving School - Scamming School
I enrolled with this school to be a professsional driver and paid them the whole fee of $3300 up front which happened to be the biggest mistake of my life since they do installments on payments. I paid and got my class schedule i went to the class to use the computer to have the basic knowledge and went for my written test which i passed and got my commercial learners permit. When it was time for the road test i receive my schedule every Sunday,my last schedule was on July 1 2017 and i was told to come to school on Monday and Friday only 2-4 Pm. The next schedule was supposed to come up on July 8 2017 i didn't receive a text i was hoping i will get a text on Wednesday July 12 2017 for Thursday and Friday since i told the owner brother that the Monday and Friday is unfair as in how do i come on Monday to operate a 3 axle 10 speed truck and then come again on Friday how can someone keep up?so i waited till Wednesday to see there will be a schedule i didn't get any text for my schedule. [continued below].... Report Attachments: ..... so i text the man on Thursday and asked him why he didn't give me a schedule for July 8 2017? He then replied and said his brother who happened to be my instructor is on vacation so that's why i wasn't on a schedule for the week,his brother would tell me they took 8 students for a test and everybody failed it is because of the way they are operating .The man hired his brothers to be the instructors it is very hard to even understand them when they speak,I don't mean to disrespect his accent since i myself i am an African but i just can't understand their Mexican accent,how can one pass the exam when you miss a class for a week this is not just any class this is a truck driving class. I told the man to charge me for the class attended and pay me my balance he is telling me to look at the disclosure as if the disclosure advised that if his brother goes on a vacation that my class stops,I will report the whole world to please be very careful of this school except you wish to throw your money into the deep sea.

You're true to your word ; you've reported it to the whole world.

And that still won't help you one bit.

You must proceed along legal lines. Stop calling and e-mailing.

Establish a paper trail immediately. Submit a written demand letter clearly stating the nature of the malfeasance and an acceptable solution. Be polite and factual. Send it via Certified Mail return receipt requested.

State a 10-day reaction period, then follow up with a second and final demand.

If you haven't had an acceptable response by then ... sue them.

Their contract is meaningless even if you signed it if it contains items of an unacceptable contractual nature.

ID
East Point, Georgia
Product
Atlanta Truck Driving School Program
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article