Atlanta Pro Cleaners L.L.C didn't honor agreement

Agreed to rates and services on the phone...they didn't deliver. We paid for 2 carpets and 2 sofas to be cleaned and the sofas to be scotch-guarded. They said they were scotch-guarded, we tested them and they were not. Rescheduled twice...2nd time no show, 3rd time they challenged us that they never agreed to scotch guard and that we were only charged for the sofa cleanings. They will not agree to refund our money or come back to do the work, even though they were paid in full. Tried to talk it over on the phone, they agrued non-stop and were defensive...not professional. So much for the customer always being right. Poor customer service...DO NOT USE.

I scheduled carpet cleaning with Atlanta Pro Cleaners, $89 for 7 areas w/free deodorizer, $55 Scotchguard for 7 areas, total of $144.

The gentlemen showed up with a portable industrial unit and a sales pitch - I can "deep clean" your carpet for $35 per area and guaranty it for 30 days. I had 3 stains that he said would not come out with the basic cleaning so I agreed to the terms, $300 for the lot.

Also, I had another company there to repair/stain my deck - ecoserve. This gentlemen said "is he cleaning your carpet with that machine?" "He isn't cleaning your carpet professionally - that's only surface cleaning." He asked the Atlanta Pro Cleaner gentlemen "how long will it take the carpet to dry? - Atlanta Pro Cleaner gentlemen said "2hrs." The ecoserve gentlemen said "the carpet was way too wet to dry in that amount of time."

It took about 2hrs for the gentlemen with Atlanta Pro Cleaners to finish the job. I asked him before he left - did you Scotchguard my carpet because I only saw you go over the carpet once with the machine. He said "of course, it's a 1 step process - it's clean and protected - guaranty for 30 days or will clean it again.

2hrs went by and still the carpet was soaked, not even a hint of becoming dry in the next day or so. I took out my Bissell (carpet cleaning machine) and pull up as much water as I could - it was dirty! So the "deep clean" didn't even "surface clean". I called the company and said that my carpet was not clean and send someone out to finish the job. The female that I was speaking to said that "we are finished for the day and can send someone out Monday morning". I again said that my carpet was dirty, it's damp and I will not be around Monday - it's a Holiday. She said "that's the best that I can do." I said that I wanted a refund since it's not clean. She said "I will send someone out tomorrow morning." Well, no one called or showed up - I wasn't happy to say the least. Monday morning, no one called or showed up so I called them. I spoke to a gentlemen (no one would give their names) - I said this is so-n-so calling about my carpet cleaning, explained what the issue was, etc. He said that he would send someone out in the morning - I've heard this line before. I said no, I do not want to do further business with your company - I'm not pleased with your lack of services. He said "that's the best I can do - you have a 30 day warranty and we will clean the carpet". I said - no, I'll have another company clean my carpet right - the 1st time. I requested a refund and he said "no, I believe your carpet is clean and it was clean whenever the man left your home so no refund will be given." I informed him that I would reverse the credit card charge. He said "go ahead and I'll put a lien on your home." What? Are you kidding me? He said "I will put a lien on your home". I informed him that I know my rights as a consumer and that he was unable to put a lien on my home since we did not have a contract. He said "I know my rights too and I'll put a lien on your home and take it." I couldn't believe what I was hearing - I said okay, but again, I'll be contacting my credit card company to reverse the charge. He said "okay" and hung up.

Please - do not use this company - Atlanta Pro Cleaners for any of their services.

ID
Washington, District Of Columbia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article