Atek Pest Management - Review in Household Services category from Baltimore, Maryland

Do not work here if you are a true professional! I repeat.....DO NOT WORK HERE! Stuart Harper is a liar point blank. Whether you are a consumer or employee, he will *** you. You will not get paid on time, he steals bait stations from customers to then have them installed to new customers' requested location of service. I urge current customers, if any left, to count your bait stations!!! Guarantee what you paid for won't be there. The bed bug heat/treatment service is just.......well, BAD. What you are paying for you are definitely not getting. But then again, if you pay $50 for a "professional pest control company" to perform a bed bug service, then.....it's safe to say "You get what you pay for." And you get to keep the bed bugs, roaches, spiders, mice, rats, etc. All in all, I would be surprised if this so called business is still standing. I would assume by now, Stuart Harper probably smoked himself out of business. I may just send him some gas money to put in that trailer he has parked in the rear of the "business" so he can get it the *** outta there.
ID
Baltimore, Maryland

Atek Pest Management failed to make good on their word

Unfortunately for me, my termite maintenance contract with Potomac Pest Control was purchased by Atek Pest Management early 2007. In August, I purchased a new home and contacted Atek to inquire whether my bait stations were transferrable to my new home. I was told yes and so I authorized them to remove the bait stations from my old home and transfer/install in the new home. Atek never called me to inform me that the bait stations were removed, when I noticed that they were in fact removed I called them 2 times to see when they could install the stations at my new home. The last time I called I was told that the bait stations were thrown in the trash (without my permission) because they wouldn’t work in the new home. I called 2 other Termite companies to confirm this and was told that the stations should work at my new house. Furthermore, in July, my bait stations were inspected by Atek and were fine, (I have the receipt from them that says so). I called and left two messages for the owner Stewart Harper to discuss this matter and he never returned my call. So I contacted my attorney and had her send a letter because in a nutshell, I wanted my bate stations. If the baits were no good, why would they have bothered to go all the way to Laurel to retrieve them? That makes no sense. Besides, I never authorized Atek to go to my old house and take the baits to throw them away. The new owners of the Laurel house could have kept the baits for termite protection. I was a customer of Potomac Pest Control for over 6 years and never once had an issue. If you are in search of a pest control company, I sincerely urge you to do your research and get references if possible before signing a contract. I certainly would not recommend Atek for the simple reason that the company was unresponsive to me while I was a long time paying customer of the company they purchased. The owner didn’t have the decency to return my calls regarding this issue. He was aware of the issue because I spoke to him at some point about removing the bait stations from my old home. In addition, I received a letter back from his attorney. Personally, I would never want to do business with company that has no sense of business ethics or even worse, is empathetic to my needs as a customer. How can you trust such a company to provide a service when you know it has been contentious with former customers instead of striving to resolve outstanding issues?
ID
#119810 Review #119810 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reston, Virginia

About

Summary

Atek Pest Management is a proven pest control and management company which serves the metro Washington DC area including Maryland and Virginia. Atek Pest Management has been on the market for over 18 years. It has been offering its services to: commercial business, home owners, management companies, restaurants, shopping malls, and schools. The company provides free in-home inspections. It offers various pest management programs, and can create monthly reports to show overall percentage ratings for smaller and bigger areas. Atek Pest Management is a member of the National Pest Control Association. It is certified by the FDA and by the State of Maryland Department of Agriculture Technicians. Atek Pest Management is based in College Park, Maryland.

Atek Pest Management reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article