Astro ford gouges service customers for parts

I had my 2006 freestyle repaired. I had called earlier about a price for parts needed to repair my vehicle before I brought it in. Well, when I brought it in for repair the price for the same part I had called earlier had increased. I was given the run around and told that the price I was given over the phone was a discounted price. I later found from another local area ford dealership that the discounted price was List price!!! They are charging their service customers more for parts than those who come in for service. I then found out from a friend who use to work for them that the parts manager takes the MSRP for a part and just adds whatever he feels like adding at the time. So I looked at my past service reciepts and checked the price of the parts with B.O. (other local dealership) and they were all higher than what should have been quoted. After years of service with this dealership I will NEVER bring my car back to them. I wonder if the state attorney general should investigate their business practices.
#200458

I found a couple of dealer review sites on the web. Gonna post a review and get the word out.

I also sent in a sound off to the local paper about astro. I SHOULD talk to the general manager.

#200439

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

There is no one at the helm at Astrology Ford. They using magic 8 balls to fix vehicles and charging a ton of money for sub par work. Gotta get the word out about these guys.

I dealt with somebody named Joseph in the parts department but his manager needs a lesson on how to talk to people and deal with the public... very rude when he was stressed out about not getting a lunch...hey pal...it's not my fault.

#198500

I did a little checking. The state attorney general will investigate price fixing and gouging on a limited basis. Maybe I should giver them a call.

#198498

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I have had dealings with this dealership before.

Charged me about $100 over list price.

I found out after looking at my receipts and checking Google for prices on the part #. I didn't complain but I won't go back to those crooks again.

#195932

"I wonder if the state attorney general should investigate their business practices. "

I don't think that the attorney general will investigate something like this.

@PissedConsumer195932

yes!I agree!!!!! They did me wrong as well!!!!! :

View more comments (5)
ID
#200631 Review #200631 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Phoenix, Arizona

About

Astro Ford Warranty
Lifetime powertrain coverage for The Customer's vehicle. Don't take Astro Ford's' word for it, check the claim details below. With superior coverage, The Client of Astro Ford will have true peace-of-mind throughout The Client's ownership experience. Coverage lasts for as long as The User of Website own The Client's vehicle. Simply follow the maintenance schedule outlined in The User's Warranty Forever agreement and The customer is covered for life. All service must be performed at the selling dealer or a pre-authorized repair facility of The Client's choice. There is no catch; this program is provided to The Client of Astro Ford at no charge. The only requirement is that The Client follow the customary maintenance outlined in The Customer's agreement and keep records of all customary maintenance performed. Maintenance records can easily be saved in the NAE/ NWAN Connect app. The program provides coverage to the engine, transmission and drive axle components listed in the agreement for as long as The User of Website own The Client's vehicle regardless of how long The User of company services own the vehicle and how many miles The Client of Astro Ford drive.
Astro Ford Privacy Policy
Thank The Client for visiting Astro Ford's' Astro Ford website, including Company's mobile device-ready version. This way, the content of Company's website will be as relevant as possible for The Client the customer. Website hope that The Client find Company's website to be a useful part of The Customer's car-buying experience. To accomplish this, www.astroford.com responsibly collect and utilize personally identifiable information. Website respect The User's privacy, and this Privacy Policy documents Astro Ford's' commitment to safeguard and treat The Customer's privacy and the personal information that Astro Ford collect online with reasonable care and in strict compliance with applicable law for the protection of personally identifiable information. What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Astro Ford's' control. This Privacy Policy applies only to Astro Ford's' website and information collected for The Company or by www.astroford.com through Company's website and through various features and online offerings on Astro Ford's' website.
To read more: https://www.astroford.com/privacy.aspx
Summary

Astro Ford is a company which operates as a dealer of Ford cars. It has both new and used models and offers buying them by cash or by credit. Astro Ford is also a huge truck dealer and a famous seller of low-price vehicles. The company has a function of a fast credit application and a customer can become aware of the possibility of buying a Ford in a few hours. Military people have a special operation of using a credit here. Astro Ford has a big assortment of spare parts and details. The company has a strong servicing team and a client has only to leave an application for using this service. Rush vehicles are also represented by Astro Ford and they have gained a great popularity.

Astro Ford reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article