Deb F Qnv

Verified Reviewer

Poor follow through!

Their warranty is a farce!!! Worst warranty coverage in the industry! Our patio door outside pane shattered for no reason at all. Everything I googled stated the only way that could happen is poor manufacturing!!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: I would like my window replaced!!!

User's recommendation: Stay away from this company!

Adela C Kuh
map-marker Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

Horrific

Associated Materials - Horrific
Associated Materials - Horrific - Image 2
Associated Materials - Horrific - Image 3
French porch door with gaps of 1.5in at top, and 05in at bottom, leting dust, heat, ants, flies, and other insects, also water with every rain! Faulty! Lifetime waranty is a hoax! They refuse to replace it. Please stop this hoax!!!!! I sent them videos, pics, have contractors certifing its faulty! They do not care. I will sue them in court. Its beyond horific. I am not sure how this business exists and it was not shut down yet. Hopefully this year! The customer service that answers the phone or reply to emails is beyond ignoran. They are in total denial, I am also going to media with this issue.
Loss:
Reason of review:
Warranty issue

Preferred solution: replacement of the door

Window replacement issue

The company that installed my windows went out of business and the seal broke on a bay window. When I discovered who made the window I began calling as to how to go about the process of utilizing my warranty. It has taken 18 months of phone calls, having to pay an outside man to move the window to get a tag with stats and calling weekly to remind them the claim still was not settled. When they just sent the glass and no frame I called again. That conversation was the worst. I was told I did not file correctly and statements like, why weren't you specific were thrown in my face. Associated Materials in Ohio is one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with. I am surely glad they are not Doctors or Lawyers, we would all be dead or in jail.
Cons:
  • Demeaning comments
Reason of review:
Poor customer service
map-marker Irvine, California

Associated Materials Vinyl Siding "Thermal Damage"

Installed Associated Materials vinyl siding less than a year ago and already have what the company calls "thermal damage". Basically big wrinkling areas that will eventually crack. The company claims that this is due to excessive heat caused by reflection off the windows of the house. I don't think I've ever seen a house without windows...but I decided to check the temperature theory. I rented a IR thermometer and have checked the temperature every hour on the hottest days this summer. The maximum temperature reading was 25 degrees below the limit at which damage occurs...at least the limit that I was told by a person at Associated Materials. During my call I asked how I could have predicted or prevented the issue. I was told "you just need to try it out". So much for a "high quality, maintenance free" siding.

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

All the Truth About Manufactured Homes - Interview with L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach (Part 1)

Aug 18, 2020

In this video, Tony Kovach, an expert with the manufactured homes industry, explains where manufactured houses are made, their average cost, and their main benefits over regular and mobile houses.

Read full article
L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach

Tony Kovach is an MHProNews publisher and one of the key experts in the Manufactured Homes Industry with over 25 years of experience. He shares the latest industry insights and tips.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article