Sandra M Qdm

Verified Reviewer

Received a notice for tickets that didn't even have a plate or description of car on them.

I was sent a collection notice that I owed tickets and demand for payment. I recall years ago i paid tickets through this firm and several years later I received another notice with the same tickets on there plus more of them. I have not yet even been given time to go to the dmv to set up a payment plan because of covid. This is not fair.
Cons:
  • Adding outrageous fees for their services
  • Adding outrageous fees for their services for collections

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Check your information that was sent in the mail for errors.

Red Light Tickets etc

Okay I am in the middle of getting hired and all of sudden my driving abstract comes back with a pending suspension. So right away I make the a called to the number on file. They took my money but can't give me a receipt for the money and can't send me any documentation for record. I called all day on this matter and still nothing. I asked for my money back and they told me I have to contact my credit card company to it. Which is time again. The Service is just Horrible indeed. Go to the city and make your payments never over the phone or go to Chicago Web Site only
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

Phoney Parking Ticket Scam

Claimed I owed money from 1990 can not provide me with any proof of what I owe no documents whatsoever a total scam
Problems with payment
Guest

File a complaint with the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Committee. They will investigate.

It costs you nothing and they are relentless. They may or may not agree with your complaint. However, they will get to the bottom of it and require this law firm to respond to the complaint.

You do NOT need to hire a lawyer to do this. You can contact the ARDC here: https://www.iardc.org/howtocontact_orginfo.html

Arnold Scott Harris - Review in Professional Services category

This guy hounded us for months saying he was contracted by kdor to collect back taxes. After our taxes were paid directly to kdor who informed me strongly that this guy was a fraud i filed a complaint with the BBB for fraud and harassment. He responded by calling me a liar and confused...i responded providing written evidence to his lies and the BBB did absolutely nothing. The only thing I gained was written documentation that if he contacted us again I could legally file criminal charges. This guy is a go-between scam artist. Pay the person you owe, even if this guy tries to send you fake court papers like he did us. Always check for file stamps and court filing evidence. I kept my papers in case this ever comes back up but have already been reassured by kdor they would never do business with this loser.
Not as described/ advertised

Arnold Scott Harris - Review in Professional Services category

We received numerous mailings, phone calls, and legal looking documentation in an attempt to collect back taxes for another state. After contacting that state directly we discovered there was a small bill there we needed to resolve, hundreds less than what was claimed and this state had zero affiliation with this "law office." We were advised the collection attempts were a scam and to handle the harassment and fraud accordingly. Always go directly to the source, this guy is a *** artist.
map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Rip off by City of Chicago Attorney - ARNOLD SCOTT HARRIS P.C.

What a scam Arnold Scott Harris PC has implemented. And they think citizens won't notice?

They tack on pennies to a citizen Parking Ticket plan agreement. Add this up. Every citizen who doesn't check will pay these exact pennies (which are NOT in the agreement or any disclaimer). Then they send notices upon monthly notices, racking up postage, paper, billing hours to the city!!!

I reported to the Chicago Department of Finance and they laughed because they have gotten thousands of compalints! Yet no one does anything about this. They are Lawyer that Scam . Check you AGreements.

Pay ONLY the AMOUNT agreed to. NOT A PENNY MORE -- SCAMMERS

Guest

THIS CITY SUCKS DENVER DON'T EVEN BOOT THEIR RESIDENTS, TICKETED FINED DOUBLED BOOTED CAR JAILED DESTROYS YOUR CAR AND STILL OWE THE ENTIRE PAYMENT! AL CAPONE IS DEAD DADDY DALEY DEAD HOOVER & FORT LOCKED UP FOR LIFE SO WHY ARE THEY STILL GANGSTER ACTING THE CITIZENS OF CHICAGO; THEY TOOK AWAY MANY RIGHTS TO CARRY A GUN UNTIL THE 2000'S, THEY SHOULD PAY RESTITUTION! HOW CAN WE GET A CIVIL LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS CITY

Guest

They must be owned by someone with strong political ties. I can't believe More people aren't complaining.

Guest

Back in 2011 I was on a payment plan I paid as agree on it been 6 years and now it back saying I owe the same thing barely no one keep recipient that long I can't find it so now I have to paid all over again plus they turn it over to anot her collection agency they needed to be investigated

View more comments (2)

Past due notice

ash sent me a letter stating that to bring my agreement current send the .89.when i inquired I was told that was correct. I sent them the amount. Later I received a notice of payment plan cancellation. I called and asked why. the person on the other line insisted that I knew knew what my payment plan was and even though the letter stated that this amount would bring my account current That I stilled owed the payment and they were not responsible of any problems since they were not the department of finance. I was informed that i could be put back on the boot list and pay an additional fine of 100. are they trying to keep people on the boot list as long as possible to get more money?

Unemployment Expert Tips

Experts Tips on Unemployment and Cyber Security

Feb 3, 2020

Can’t verify your identity via ID.me? Andrew Stettner, an unemployment expert, comments on how the ID.me verification process works and the privacy risks involved. Learn how one consumer resolved his issue.

Andrew Stettner
Andrew Stettner

Andrew Stettner is a senior fellow at TheCenturyFoundation and a non-profit leader who shares expert opinion on unemployment benefits and insurance reform.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article