Stay Away From Arnoldpets.com!

I was sent an item from Arnold Pets that is not what was expected or represented on their website. Here is the item: https://www.arnoldpets.com/products/catnip-molar-stick-set-of-25 Note that on the page above the packaging of the product is conveniently not shown. This is because the packaging has exactly two words in English: "Cat's Stick." The rest is in Chinese, which means that I have no idea what the package contains. It could be five sticks that someone gathered up from under a tree. I believe that the lack of transparency by Arnold Pets is purposeful: This company is deliberately concealing the fact that it is selling items manufactured in China. I suspect that this is because they know people are concerned about quality control in Asia. There was a rampant pet food scare in 2007 in the US when thousands of cats and dogs died. The ultimate culprit was found to be a Chinese manufacturing plant that accidentally included melamine in their pet food. This caused millions of people, myself included, to stay away from pet food items manufactured in China. Since that time, I have gone out of my way to make sure that the food I feed my pets is made in America and safe. If I had known that the item I ordered was coming from China, there is no way I would have ordered it. To further conceal the country of origin, the name chosen for this company is “Arnold Pets,” a stereotypical Western-sounding name. Furthermore, Arnold Pets is a company apparently embedded within another Western-sounding company, Gray Wolves Media, the billing company. To make the situation even more confusing, the contact information on PayPal for this company is at ninegrids.com, another separate but apparently related company. Now, obviously companies operate under different names happens when they have subsidiaries, but the overall effect of this obfuscation by this company serves to conceal the country of origin of their products. In addition, there is no mention of the country of origin anywhere on their website. Of course, I don’t know for sure WHY they deliberately conceal where their products are made. What I do know, though, is that this company is guilty of fraudulent misrepresentation. The six basic tenets of fraudulent misrepresentation are 1.A representation was made. 2.The representation was false. 3.The representation, when made, was either known to be false or made recklessly without knowledge of its truth. 4.The representation was made with the intention that the other party rely on it. 5.The other party did, in fact, rely on the representation. 6.The other party suffered damages as a result of relying on the representation. All of the above tenets are true in this case: · They misrepresented where their products are made, · They made this representation recklessly at best and willfully at worst · They did this to get people to buy their products, people who might not buy their products if they knew the true country of origin, · I relied on what I understood to buy their product, · I have suffered damages in the amount of $19.99 in addition to the amount of time it has taken me to deal with this situation. There is no meeting of the minds here, which is a requirement in basic contract law. I believed, based on all of the evidence I had before me, that I was ordering a product made under the safety standards and quality control of an American company, and this was not the case. As soon as I realized that the product I had ordered was coming from China (upon receipt of the seller’s email on April 12—a shipment update), I tried to cancel the order (see the email chain below). Despite the fact that when I received the shipment update, the email stated that the item hadn’t shipped yet, the company refused to let me cancel the order, stating that my package was “already in transit.” I then responded to the seller, asking for information on returning the item because I knew that I would not be giving their product to my cat because of the legitimate and credible health risk involved in doing so. The seller then made me aware of their return policy in which I would be held responsible for shipping charges to return the item. This is total BS. Again, I believe that this company deliberately concealed their location and the country of origin of their products to protect themselves from people who would be worried about the lack of quality control over pet food in China. I highly recommend staying away from Arnold Pets, Gray Wolves Media, and ninegrids.com! They misrepresent their products.
ID
Cons
  • Fraudulent misrepresentation
  • Refund policy
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article