Arch L Heady Funeral Home Bardstown Rd should be closed

My brother passed away Saturday June 22. We couldnt get an appointment with the funeral home until Monday. The second thing Greg Roberts asked was if he had any life insurance. Which we made the sad mistake of telling him how much it was for. Immediately thats how much the service was going to cost plus more. Word to the wise people NEVER EVER tell these carpet baggers how much your policy is for until AFTER they give you a price. This man was rude to certain people in the group that came to help make arrangements. The most unprofessional part of this meeting was that he waited until all of the hard questions were asked and all of the paper work was done to tell us that they couldnt hold the service until Thurday. Relatives had to stay over two more days losing time at work. Oldest sister decided to pay for the obit that was to show in the paper. He lied to her and told her it would cost $100. to put his picture in the paper. The add already costing $250. She told him what to say. The obit came out in Wednesdays paper and it was nothing like what she had said. It was cold and had no emotion or love put forth to honor our brother. I called the paper the next day. REWROTE the obit and had his picture put in the paper for $285. Hmm whats wrong there? I dont feel they did him justice on his make up. I know its hard but I've seen car accident victims that had better makeup jobs.We were told that we could have a grave site service but it would be an extra $250. They had a Pavilion built to have the service there after the chapel service. I said why do you charge for the obvious? People have been having grave side services always. They said we built this so it would be easier on the family. Bull *** they built it knowing everyone would want a grave side service so they could suck $250. MORE dollars out of the greiving family. The funeral flowers was the kicker. They only brought the coffin spary of flowers to the grave site which had already been picked to death the cemetary lady pulled flowers out of it to give to almost everyone there. Thus the spray was almost empty. I went to the grave site and watched them put my brother in his final resting place. I asked the driver where the rest of the flowers were, that they usually bring them out to the grave site. He said they were all still at the funeral home and they would have them on a cart waiting for us to pick them up.. PICK THEM UP???? WTF???? My family went to pick up the flowers and some of them were missing. Where were they? Why did the funeral home keep them? All and all I can say I WILL NEVER used Arch L Heady Funeral Home EVER AGAIN. Some one should investigate their ethics.

When a person passes on it does not matter how much life insurance that person has,You will only spend the amount of what you purchased for the funeral arrangements only.It is the funeral directors right to ask if the deceased person has life insurance.How else can he make sure he will get his money for the funeral?

First of all, the average funeral runs between 5-7 THOUSAND dollars. I don't know this funeral home, but many families expect others to work on and bury their loved ones for free.

Secondly, they asked if he had any life insurance BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IT IS FOR. Its not to go in your pocket, regardless of what commercials want you to think. If you wanted a cheap option you should have gone with cremation. Heck, you can take the remains home with you in a box and dig *** for him in your backyard if you get a permit.

No, don't want to do that?

Than pay for the services rendered. Do you work for free?

@PissedConsumer674756

Anonymous, your an ***. Yes they do run between 5-7 thousand not start at 10 and go up.

I've had a few people die in my day I know how funeral homes with COMPASSION are suppose to act. These people had NO compassion at all. They are highly over rated.I wont recommend this funeral home to anyone.

Well um except Anonymous from Del Rey.

:roll

View more comments (2)
ID
Louisville, Kentucky

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article