Shady Contractor for building a Koi Pond

AquaScapesDFW - Shady Contractor for building a Koi Pond
I contracted with Gary Penney on April 5, 2018 to rebuild an existing Koi pond. I was slightly nervous about working with him because he was extremely flirty over the phone and while in person giving the estimate. I figured I would be able to make it through what was essential 3 days of work which would mostly be done while I was away at work anyway. Gary could not seem to get his schedule together and always had an excuse why he could not show up on a particular day. Instead of having my pond ready to enjoy in 3 days, he and his team of unskilled laborers did not finish until April 25th!!!!! I was just so happy to get him off the property with his inappropriate sexual jokes and hitting on me. He is a MUCH older and unattractive man and this was strictly business! He tried to cheat me out of $$$$ by buying new flagstone without my okay. New flagstone was not in the contract. Not to mention earlier in the day when he was purchasing the flagstone, he called me at work and said "I am buying more flagstone but I am not charging you for it." Then we I returned home from work, he asked me for an extra $200. Within 3-5 days of the pond being finished, I could see that the water was not leveled across the pond and seemed to be leaking. I advised Gary of this and he made EVERY excuse under the sun as to why this was happening, up to the point of telling me it was an "optical illusion". I really did not want him back at my home so I allowed him to send someone else out to look. This person told me that this was the worst work he had seen Gary do. I was going to allow him to come out and examine the pond 5/14 but he again canceled with some excuse about one of his workers. His work was shoddy and there is an in ground leak from the installation of the liner or underlayment. I know this because I have puddles of water in my yard. He likely did not use high quality materials. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and a small claims case against him.
ID
Service
Aquascapesdfw Landscape Design
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article