Aquariums Unlimited Reviews

Show reviews that mention
fish virginia beach fish ick beach tanks food drive store ick aquarium
Filter review

Bad customer service

I went there as a new aquarium owner asking for a goo d plant light. Of coarse they just give me what ever they have without telling me other options. I come to find the one they gave me isn’t even a good plant light. Even though I opened it to see how it looks which i was not satisfied they would not refund or exchange the light. I had the light plugged in for maybe 10 minutes but i can’t get a refund. The customer service was also bad and they seamed to have an attitude about the whole situation. They lost a good customer who would have probably been back their to purchase future items
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Poor customer service

Aquariums Unlimited - Customer Care Review

They gave my fish ick too however they were more than willing to replace and gave a few free.... they care about their customers and as we are losing fish stores people..it is aquarium unlimited..what the heck u looking for dog food and cat food..not a pet store..aquarium..lol..but anyway this is nearly the last store in va beach..we have like 3 after losing animal jungle..lets not run them out..i dont want to order my fish or drive 3hrs to get them either.... Signed a satisfied customer originally upset

Great selection of fish with money back guarantee. Their prices are very competitive, often cheaper than online.

Great selection of fish, often not available at other stores.

They earned my support. They only sell fish and related products which is not a problem, as there are many big store retailers for other pet supplies.

@PissedConsumer1314971

Amen

View more comments (1)
Good customer service

Aquariums Unlimited Customer Care Review

Have always had good exp every time I go employes always helpfull
Miami, Florida
Good customer service

Www.aquariumsunlimited.fish

Not happy at all. I bought a small Koran Angelfish from Aquariums Unlimited Virginia Beach. Live 10 min away. Gave all my fish ick and now have a huge problem. I have an anemone in tank too. Should have known when some of the tanks had sick fish floating in them. My roomate bought a fish too and his died next day. This place sucks going back to my reg Fish Safari. Not happy at all. I bought a small Koran Angelfish from Aquariums Unlimited Virginia Beach. Live 10 min away. Gave all my fish ick and now have a huge problem. I have an anemone in tank too. Should have known when some of the tanks had sick fish floating in them. My roomate bought a fish too and his died next day. This place sucks going back to my reg Fish Safari.

Your an ***. Plain and simple almost all aquariums have inch to some degree unless you practice the strictest standard against cross contamination.

Which I doubt you do because you don't even quarantine your livestock you just dump and hope for the best. If you had done any research into keeping a reef tank or a salt water aquarium to begin with you would understand that it is not the lfs fault but your own. In the future quarantine all livestock and treat for pests in a separate tank no matter where you get the animal from to prevent more problems like this from happening.

And do a little research into what you are doing before running your mouth it only makes you look ***. I'd say good luck but you probably already got frustrated and tore down your entire setup and sold it on Craigslist.

Or you could practice proper husbandry and qt your fish first.

View more comments (1)
Norfolk, Virginia
Bad quality

Aquariums Unlimited Virginia Beach

Drove to check out new store after hearing all kinda of rumors about how nice store is. It is nice but doesnt have cat food. When arrived tanks were cloudy. Fish looked ok, the coral was sickly. I have a 55 so picked up a yellow surgeonfish and my cousin got a discus. Got home 1.5 hour drive and within hours both fish dead. Called store said to come back with dead fish. 3 hour roundtrip to replace fish. *** no. Ill just keep going to my local shop that has my catfood and fish that dont die. Good luck.

A fish in a bag is only supplied maybe enough oxygen forb30 minutes. Anything more than a 30 minute trip is kindy risky on seller and buyers behalf

Are you retarded? You expected cat food at place called "Aquariums Unlimited"?

What part of 'Aquariums' and cat food is confusing you LOL...

I find it interesting your return visit did not involve contact with a manager before leaving anonymous online slander. I feel all of your issues could have been resolved had you engaged in direct, face-to-face discussion with the business owner.

Both owners and all staff at AU have provided me, on several occasions, with spectacular, industry-leading customer service. I hear Walmart has a good selection of cheap cat food.

It's a fish store, why were u surprised there was no cat food? And I guess the fish did die after in the car for that long

#1020115

Well im the owner of the store, Funny that you drive an hour and a half to buy cat food from a store called "Aquairums" Unlimited, However, I was not made aware that you had issues with the fish, by niether my staff or your self and sounds to me like they were willing to help but you choose not to come back to the store. If I had the chance I would have been more then happy to make some arrangement with you to resolve the issue.

Any time you drive any fish over an hour ride home anything is possible and like most locations there are never any quareentees on how a Marine fish will handle any stress.

But again I would have been more then happy to rectify this for you, before you went and slander my name on a site like this behind my back without even giving me a chance to make the situation right for you. Goodluck to you on your fish endevours in the future and I truely appologize that my Fish store does not carry Cat food.

#1019810

Most real Aquarium stores i go to don't sell cat food. Think you should stick with pet smart

View more comments (6)
Newport News, Virginia
Cons
  • No cat dog food
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article