Jennifer R Uzf

Verified Reviewer

Travel insurance rip-off

Due to COVID-19, I had to travel my trip to the Dominican Republic. The airline gave me a full refund. The resort gave me a refund for all of the days except for one day, as they said I would have to use my travel insurance to get a refund for the final day. My entire claim was for only $158. TerraWind Travel Protection (aka April Travel Protection) did everything in their power not to pay our claim. They required 14 different documents from us that each had to be scanned. It took about 6 emails to finally get their claim forms in English. When we got them, the terminology was deliberately chosen to cause the claimant to give up as it was incredibly complex (and I am a very well-educated person). Even though I was not claiming airfare reimbursement, they kept sending it back requiring documents that even the airlines didn't have. I followed up by email over 20 times in a 3-month period. When we finally got their checks, they short-changed us claiming that we had to pay a deductible. The policy we bought did not mention a deductible amount anywhere (not even in the fine print). The refund was for only about as much as what we paid for the policy. They clearly rig this process to aggravate customers so much that they will give up. After I got their short-changed checks, I sent 4 more emails over the course of 18 days, and they never had the courtesy to respond. Though it is a small amount, it is the principle of the thing! They are in business to only sell insurance, but to never pay out against it.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Try everything in their power not to pay claims

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't buy from TerraWind Travel Protection!

Insurance Expert Talks

Insurance Claims Tips: What Red Flags to Watch Out

Apr 23, 2021

How to file an insurance claim? Why do you need a public adjuster? Vince Perri, CEO of Commercial Claims Advocate, shares his best tips about insurance claims. Find out how to deal with complex residential insurance claims and commercial losses.

Read full article
Vince Perri
Vince Perri

Vince Perri is a Expert Claims Adjuster and CEO of Commercial Claims Advocate. He has over 14 years of experience in handling large commercial losses and complex residential insurance claims.

Brands Related to APRIL Travel Protection

April Financial Services

AXERIA IARD reviews and complaints

AXERIA IARD

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article