Applied Contracting Services, Winter Garden, Florida - Unethical, Dishonest, Thieves!!

Getting involved with this company has been (and still is) the absolute worst experience of my life - a complete and total NIGHTMARE! I hired them to build an addition on my home so I can move my elderly father in. He suffered a massive stroke and his only wish is to live with his family and not in a home for the remainder of his life. I called ACS. The one major thing that was communicated was that the project MUST remain within my budget as the funds for the addition were coming from the sale of my father's home. We had two separate contractors come out from ACS and both assured us that the project could easily be done under my budget of $100K. We were given an estimate of $70 - $100K and were assured we would only be at the top end of the estimate if we were to choose all of the high end finishes, but even this was within budget. We signed the contract with the contingency to remain under budget and gave a $33K deposit as that was what was required to get started. I was hesitant, however Sam, the salesman, a.k.a. the lying rip off artist, promised me to my face that if the project cost was over budget I could cancel and receive my deposit back. Weeks later, we met to view the plans and were told the project cost would be close to $140K. When asked why the new estimate was so high, they could not give a satisfactory (or believable) answer as all the factors they mentioned should have been taken into consideration when providing an initial estimate. The only thing I could think of was that the company has completely incompetent people giving estimates or they were trying to get me for more money. Either way, I no longer trusted this company. In fact, they called me childish for being upset over the price increase and implied I should have expected it. I inquired about the process to cancel the contract. I assumed any large company would want to keep their integrity intact and be happy to just part ways with an upset and unhappy customer. All I wanted was my deposit refunded so I could just move on with a different company and get my father moved in. They refused to cancel without a forfeiture of $3,300, 10% of my deposit even though they freely admit it was their salesmans fault the estimate was way off and I was promised I could cancel with a full refund. Three months have gone by and I have received neither a refund nor any work done even though I have filed several complaints with their customer service manager. I am in the process of working with an attorney and filing a lawsuit against this company.
ID
Service
Applied Contracting Services Estimate
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article