Used Vehicle Fraud

Update by user Oct 28, 2011

APlus Auto is still not willing to be a decent company and work with me on a solution. I was able to find a used engine and have it installed at a cost of around $5,000.

APlus has not returned any calls or emails. A lawyer has responded to my complaint with the BBB but he is just saying that APlus will not pay for the repairs.

Original review posted by user Sep 27, 2011
I purchased a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid for $10,150 from APlus Auto on May 5th 2011. The seller delayed the shipping of the vehicle. At the time the seller blamed the delay on the shipping company and I believed him. Now I have learned that the delay was to run out the clock on eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection which expires 30 days after the close of auction as opposed to 30 days after the vehicle is received. I finally received the truck Friday, June 17th and I brought it in to Metro Ford of Eden Prairie for a used car inspection on Thursday, June 23rd. They discovered that the rear PTU was leaking and needed to be replaced (This is a $1,000 repair). The car started spewing white smoke out of the tail pipe before I left the parking lot of Metro Ford. I turned around and brought the car right back to the dealer the Ford mechanics inspected the engine and found that cylinders 2 and 3 are shot and spewing oil past the pistons. This will require a new engine. I have all the documentation from Ford and from mechanics at Bobby and Steve's Auto World who I went to for a second opinion. The Ford mechanics felt that some major engine work had been done previously, this was not in the vehicle history report or the description of the vehicle on ebay. The standing opinion is that engine treatment was used to fraudulently pass off a blown engine as a good one. I wrote to the seller on June 24th and still have not received a response. I have tried to utilize eBay's VPP program but as I stated before the seller ran out the clock on that. I do not yet know that total cost of repairs but it is estimated in the $7,000 range. APlus Auto not only failed to disclose damages to the vehicle but actively ran out the clock on my Vehicle Protection offered by eBay and actively tried to conceal the damages by adding engine treatment.

i own a plus autobrokers in mt vernon oh and we have never sold a car on ebay.. just to clarify this is not us

ID
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article