Thieves! Employees Stole Bride and Grooms Envelopes!

I want to make this short, simple and to the point. I have had enough stress over this situation and am at this point just completely disgusted with the whole mess my wedding has turned out to be, solely due to Anthony's Ocean View in New Haven, CT. I had a wedding at Anthony's Ocean View this summer and was astonished to find that multiple envelopes were missing out of the envelope box we had set up on a table in the reception space. After contacting various guests of the wedding, we realized about 10 envelopes which contained both cash and checks amounting to about $15,000 were missing. Who was last to touch the box? Employees of the venue. I don't need to get into the fact that none of our wedding guests would do such a thing nor the fact that this act is absolutely disgusting and classless, from a place who honors themselves on a 5-star rating, what a joke! After speaking to various guests we also learned this is not the first they have heard of this kind of incident where Anthony's was involved... clearly this kind of activity goes down all the time and is swept under the carpet. We also found it INCREDIBLY strange to discover not ONE negative review can be found online on the venue... being no stranger to the PR/ Advertising world, these negative remarks obviously vanish when a little money is thrown its' way, as I'm sure this review will be "taken care of" as well. To all future brides/ grooms/ etc looking for a venue to host your wedding and have considered Anthony's Ocean View, I HIGHLY suggest you do not go this route. Although the venue is nice and its location on the water is magnificent, it's not worth losing gift money (your family most likely worked so hard to gift to you) or other valuables due to morally unfit staff and corrupt management.

It is wrong to state that employees stole the money when in reality, you have no idea who stole it. It could have been one of your guests, an outside person who wandered in, a vendor. The list goes on.

ID
New York, New York
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article