Persian kitten purchase

My daughter saw persian show kittens advertised for $700.00 and called to look at the calico. When we arrived, the breeder (Elizabeth) was going to keep her but offered me more show kittens inwhich one had a large malformed head and the other a kink or broken tail. I know they were not show quality. We were going to walk away and I wish we had. They showed us a red tabby kitten with Grand champion parents. We paid $1100.00 to get a better quality kitten. I was told to come back the next week for shots and papers because CFA was slow. Elizabeth could not meet with us then or on futures dates. We discussed buying breeding rights after I showed him to see how he did. She finally sent me a text message of the registration paper in September. The kitten was purchased July 1st. After a few months of her demanding more money for breeding and not giving me registration papers so I could show him, I blew up the texted slip to find out that my kitten had a different father that did not even have a champion status. I was going to go ahead and pay for breeding rights prior to this, but then her boyfriend called me and tried to scam me out of more money. The crazy text messages I have received tells me what type of home this is. Do not buy a cat or kitten from this breeder. I must say my kitten seemed healthy, but now I have to have him tested for PKD. I was told that all her cats are negative for PKD but yet she does not have the results on the real father of this kitten. PASS THIS BREEDER BY.............

That is not really fair. I have several rescues from local shelters, a kitten from a feral colony, and another cat from a *** that threw a box of beautiful kittens out of his truck, my family kept one.

I wanted a Bengal, and bought one from a breeder though my experience was much better than the one described above. Now I own two alomg with a household of rescue felines. Now I would perfer rescuing one, because I nwver realized how misunderstood the breed is and many get rehomed.

I worked on a shelter and only encountered a half breed one time in CA. In other states many end up in shelters so I will rescue one.

Why dont you go to a kill shelter and save a life? They have beautiful persans purbread also.Also if you get your cat fixed it adds 5 years to their life.My beautiful burmease stray turns 26 this year.

View more comments (1)
ID
Waverly Hall, Georgia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article