Andrew Talbot Design Web Design Service Review

Stay well far from this web designer. He doesn't have a clue. Only interest is just making money. Couldn't care less if you like the website or not.
ID
Chippenham, Wiltshire
Service
Andrew Talbot Design Web Design Service
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Andrew Talbot Design - Biggest Waste of Money

Engaged with Andrew about a year ago and met in Bristol to talk about my website idea. As I am young and was new to the world of web design, I wasn't really sure what to expect. Looking back to our first meeting, Andrew Talbot took zero interest in the project and in fact barely asked any questions about what I had in mind. He also told me that the site would be finished with only a few weeks, which I did find surprising. Lo and behold, 3 weeks later he presented me with a really poorly designed website and quite frankly I could've done better on Wix.com. At this point he was more interested in getting his next payment. I of course paid it but being unhappy with the result I asked for modifications, sent ideas and screenshots of other sites I liked etc. and it would take AN AGE for Andrew to get back to me and then to find that he had only completed 1 or 2 of the requests I sent. Further to this, he kept hounding me to pay the final payment when I was still asking for changes to be made. He also set me up on a terrible, old CMS system that wasn't user-friendly in the slightest and provided NO training whatsoever. In the end, I just wanted to wash my hands with him and move on with a different company - safe to say I have learnt a valuable lesson. On the whole, Andrew Talbot was very uncooperative, lacked any design skill, consultancy skills, did not listen to the client and is just after making a quick buck! My advice would be to avoid andrewtalbotdesign.co.uk and pay a little more for a good service.
#1194066

I have had exactly the same experience with Andy Talbot.

Andy came across as professional and sold himself well in our initial meeting. No excuse for me not doing my own research.

After the initial meeting, Andy sent me something calling it wireframes.

It must have taken him a couple minutes to put together, likely using a precedent. This was accompany by a request for first payment. Honestly, I thought this was naturally the first step and just paid. It took Andy perhaps another hour or so to send me through something else, this time with a colour scheme.

Again accompanied by payment request. There was no art whatsoever but I thought there must me more coming. I shared my ideas with him again and made payment again.

He was now free to complete the website. However he started hounded me for pictures to populate the web.

I thought to myself that pictures alone won't make a difference but I sent it thorough to see what difference they would make. Lo and behold, when I sent the pictures and they were uploaded to the website, it was still very unappealing. I could have done better myself. I know a friend who did a website for herself, her first go and it was better than this website.

All Andy did was to upload a few pictures and expected final payment.

Despite my comments about the website, Andy just started pressing for final payment, threatening with debt collectors though he has received £900 without providing a website. Shockingly, he cares less about what you think of the website and it not being fit for purpose. I offered a compromise but he had no interest.

I won't be paying the last payment he is requiring and I am more than willing to see this to Court. Frankly, he is a *** and I want my £900 back.

I had the exact same experience with Andrew!!

View more comments (1)
Preferred solution
Part refund

About

Andrew Talbot Design Terms of Service
Please read these terms of use carefully before The User start to use the site. By using Andrew Talbot Design's' site, The User of company services indicate that The Customer accept these terms of use and that The User of Website agree to abide by them. If The Client do not agree to these terms of use, please refrain from using Company's site. Website are a limited company. Access to Company's site is permitted on a temporary basis, and Andrew Talbot Design reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service The Company provide on Andrew Talbot Design's' site without notice (see below). Andrew Talbot Design will not be liable if for any reason Company's site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, Andrew Talbot Design may restrict access to some parts of Company's site, or Andrew Talbot Design's' entire site, to users who have registered with www.andrewtalbotdesign.co.uk If The User choose, or The Client of Andrew Talbot Design are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of Andrew Talbot Design's' security procedures, The Client must treat such information as confidential, and The Customer must not disclose it to any third party.
To read more: https://andrewtalbotdesign.co.uk/terms-of-use
Andrew Talbot Design Privacy Policy
Andrew Talbot Design Limited is a company registered in England and Wales, Website or Andrew Talbot Design in this policy). Maintaining the security of The Customer's data is a priority at Andrew Talbot Design Limited, and www.andrewtalbotdesign.co.uk are committed to respecting The Client's privacy rights. The Company pledge to handle The Customer's data fairly and legally at all times. Andrew Talbot Design Limited is also dedicated to being transparent about what data Website collect about The Client of Andrew Talbot Design and how Andrew Talbot Design use it. Andrew Talbot Design Limited is collecting and processing The Customer's data. www.andrewtalbotdesign.co.uk collect data from The User of company services if The Customer have requested to join Company's mailing list to receive Andrew Talbot Design's' newsletter. The data www.andrewtalbotdesign.co.uk ask The Customer for and that The Company hold includes The Client's full name and The Customer's e-mail address. Andrew Talbot Design will not share The User's personal information with third parties or send The User Andrew Talbot Design Limited communication without The Client's prior consent — The User of company services must give Website The Customer's consent to do so by ticking the relevant check box when The Client of Andrew Talbot Design subscribe to Andrew Talbot Design's' mailing.
To read more: https://andrewtalbotdesign.co.uk/privacy-policy
Top Andrew Talbot Design Services

Web Design Service

Summary

Andrew Talbot Design is a web design agency. The company was founded by Andrew Talbot in 1989. Its headquarters is based in Bristol, UK. Andrew Talbot Design offers Google friendly responsive design for PCs, tablets, and mobile devices without panning and scrolling. The company also provides the following services: search engine optimization, cloud hosting, and eCommerce solutions. It can update old website to be responsive. Customers may also order images optimization and resizing. Web design quotations are provided free of charge. Andrew Talbot Design does not accept refunds. Available payment options are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Customers can also use PayPal service.

Andrew Talbot Design reviews and complaints

Andrew Talbot Design is ranked 112 out of 303 in Web Design and Development category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article