Andover Renovation - Very Frustrating

Similar experience to other person above. This four month project to renovate an upstairs bathroom and redo the hallway and bedroom took 11 months. Poorly managed with no overall on-site project manager except for the owner Bill Penny. Little supervision of sub-contractors. Poor communication and follow-up. Subs made mistakes and left messes. The owner Bill is a nice guy but has very few subcontractors who are often on other jobs. Never knew when they would show up. We were repeatedly told that workers would show up on a particular week only to have then show up weeks later. Problems with inspection and electrical work. The most frustrating renovation experience we ever had and we have renovated three houses.
ID
Acton, Massachusetts
Cons
  • Overall experience
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Construction of addition: 10 months for a 4 month job

Construction of a 21 X 26 addition. Started Oct 2011. Foundation and framing completed by Dec 1. Noone at the house until end of February. No project manager. I complained and got nothing. It took them months to figure out our heating and A/C. Insulation took a month. The painters were horrible. Still, plumbing issues ensue and very poor responsiveness to items not working correctly; our A/C unit was leaking for months and it has finally been fixed. They left messes when ever work was done. We still have a mess in our cellar from them. Buyer beware. The electrician was the only good contractor.

Katie same thing happened to me, I would love to hear more about your project. How can I get in contact with you?

@PissedConsumer813417

Hi Liz: My email is katemarchand@***.com or cell 978 580 ****. Sorry to hear about your experience.

If Mark was the project manager, that would explain it but drop me a line or call me. Thanks, Kat

@PissedConsumer813417

Liv, Same thing happened to me as well. How can I contact you?

View more comments (2)
ID
Boston, Massachusetts
Loss

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

How to Hire The Right Contractor And Not Be Scammed

Apr 16, 2021

How to build a home? How to hire the right contractor? Matt DiBarra, with Diabara Masonry, reveals top home construction scams and gives the best tips to consumers on how to find the best contractor.

Read full article
Matt DiBarra
Matt DiBarra

Matt DiBarra is well-known as The Undercover Contractor. He is the owner of DiBara Masonry company in Los Angeles that specializes in house repairs, restorations, and new installations.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article