No Comfort, Compassion, or Friends here!

I just learned this very night that my "father", whom I have not since seen I was a toddler, died. He wanted nothing to do with me, said he never had a daughter, and left my mother and I with absolutely nothing after the divorce. He threatened my mother in various ways if she tried to rightfully take anything of hers that was of value. Of course I don't want my name printed anywhere once his death is made known, so I called the only funeral home in town to give them a heads up. The woman who answered on the phone actually laughed at me and told me I was talking to the wrong person, showing no regard for my feelings at all. I then told her I didn't appreciate being laughed at, and she responded with "Well you don't need to be so smart about it!". Of course I was then in the wrong when my response was "Well YOU don't need to be such a *** about it!", but I hope you can put yourself in my shoes and imagine how much more this woman upset me. What did she do next? Hang up. Oh yeah, these people are terrific for folks in mourning!

The person making the funeral arrangements usually sits with the people at the funeral home and plan the obituary together. The people making the arrangements more than likely don't even know about this woman.

When my parents and my brother died, we all sat with the undertaker and made the arrangements and the obituary was written at the same time. The undertaker wrote it as we told him what to put in it. I didn't tell anybody how to feel in my reply, it is just that so many people take offense at the slightest thing.

I would almost be willing to bet that the lady at the funeral home didn't act exactly the way the survivor said.

What made you think your name would be printed any place in connection with his? That is taking an awful lot for granted.

Just because you consider somebody as being rude to you, doesn't mean you should retaliate. That only adds fuel to the flames.

@PissedConsumer709938

You've obviously never had a loved one die. She was right to do this, you ignorant ***.

Often information of whom the individual is survived by is made out.

I wouldn't want to risk someone coming up to me and extending "sympathies" either.

How dare you tell someone in her place how to feel? I'm lucky enough to have both parents in my life and I can't even imagine.

View more comments (2)
ID
Osseo, Minnesota

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article