Amish Country Ohio Hotel Smoker Cleanup Fee Imposed At Will

While vacationing in Amish country in Ohio, we stayed at the Carlisle Inn, a very nice looking hotel (there are two of them, I believe, within a few miles of each other).When we checked in, the desk clerk, who had the personality of a mafia don, had me sign the usual paperwork, saying: "and I need your initials here, blah, blah, blah", I, not suspecting anything, complied, and later found out, that what I had signed and initialed, gave them permission to charge me a $200.00 "smoker cleanup fee", even though no one had seen me smoking in the hotel room, and no one had any proof that I did. The phone rang, and someone said that they had smelled cigarette smoke. Well, duh, I smoked outside, and non-smokers can smell cigarette smoke a mile away. I didn't even know I had been charged for this until a couple of days later, when I went to an ATM, and the balance on my receipt didn't match what I thought should have been available. Smokers, beware: this hotel will rip you off if you smell like a smoker. Don't stay there. There is lodging available elswhere in the area.
ID
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article