Ameristar located in Black Hawk Colorado

My husband and I usually go to black hawk and have a great time, even if we don't win at a casino although this time was different. When we first arrived I was run down by a security guard demanding to see my I.D. My hands were full with my purse and drink and player's club card so I tried to show him through my wallet and he said, "Mam, please pull it out I can't handle your wallet." I was shocked how rude he was. Then I tried to play a vacant machine and a woman yanked the chair out of my hands and gave me a nasty look. I responded, "I'm sorry are you playing this machine?" and she totally ignored me. We decided to walk around and look at the other machines and we found a dollar slot machine and tried our luck and won nothing. We stepped outside to smoke and was starred down by more security asking to see my I.D although I had a ugly green wrist band on, they still asked to see my I.D. We then went back into the casino and were talking about leaving although we were too hungry to bother so we stood in line at the buffet and watched as the line didn't move once. I was so irritated by the entire situation. We then decided to just go to the Timberline Grill although they told us it was a hour wait. I peered into the restaurant and there seemed to be hardly anyone in there. We waited anyways and lost two hundred more dollars. I suspect they made us wait as we were not in a suit and tie. How rude. We finally were seated at the Timberline Grill where no one greeted us for over ten minutes. A young woman did dash by and plop a basket of rolls on our table although she didn't say anything to us. We ate our one roll each while we waited for our waitress. She finally came and asked if we wanted a drink and I said, "Yes can I have a coke." She said, "One rum and coke and for you...?" I said, "No sorry, just a coke plain please." She looked at me funny. Then I ordered the pasta primavera as it was the cheapest dish on the menu at twenty dollars a plate. We are not picky people either. When my dish arrived I had, had an empty glass for over ten minutes. It was just egg noodles with undercooked vegetables surrounding a greasy butter sauce. I was disappointed so I waited to tell my waitress who never came back. My husband finished his meal and then a manager popped his head by and asked my husband how his meal was. He said, "Mine was good but hers..." And the manger interrupted him and said, "Great..." then walked away. The waitress finally returned asking if we want desert and I shook my head no. She then asked if I wanted the pasta in a box. It had not been touched other than the first *** I took. It was obvious to me that it sucked. I told her, "If you want although I didn't care for it." She said, "Why didn't you say anything?". I didn't respond. The service was awful and the food was terrible. For twenty dollars a plate you better be serving me gold laced with the best experience I've ever met in my life. The soda was three dollars a glass. How disappointing. Even after she took the plate of pasta off our bill it was still fifty dollars. Outrageous!! I was carded two more times on my way out of the casino both times explaining I was LEAVING and they still said, "We still need to see your I.D." Worst casino I have ever been to in my life. Didn't win and got sick from their over buttered/undercooked vegetable pasta food- bad service. Just don't go here.
ID
State College, Pennsylvania
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article