Verified Reviewer

Horrible service

Took 5 months to get a trust transferred to me, the trustee. They kept loosing paperwork, untrained staff on phones, 40+hours in hold. Equities finally transferred.. Now, todays online statement, says I still have cash in account. Customer service says I dont have it. WTH is going on? More time on hold today and waiting for a call back. I am beyond pissed!!!

User's recommendation: RUN, RUN to another company! Don't even give them a chance!

ID
Cons
  • Cant get your money out
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Verified Reviewer

Can't get all my money out from them

Trust account transfer to me, the trustee, took months and months to complete. They loose paperwork, give erroneous information, are horribly trained. Have spent well over 40 hours on hold, sent multiple full copies of trust and took over 5 months to get equities out. Now my online statement says I have cash sitting there. Customer service says I don't have any! WTH. NEVER, EVER, WOULD I RECOMMEND THEM.

User's recommendation: RUN, DONT WALK, AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Bradenton, Florida
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Look if you have a margin account

If your stocks are all invested, they open margin accounts to pay their monthly fees. I am moving my account

User's recommendation: Do not have a managed account at Amperise.

Sioux City, Iowa

Ameriprise financial advisor does not tell the truth!

Jeff Wallace from Ameriprise financial made a mistake that cost my investments $4700 and it will not tell the truth to his supervisors so they can correct his error. He stated that mutual funds would be sold on a specific date and it did not happen too many days later. As a result the cost of the funds were $4700 less than on the date that he should have done the transaction. He is telling his supervisors that he rated disclosure that stated funds may not be traded on that date but as of yet I still have not seen or heard the disclosure.

Ameriprise is great about calling you when they want to sell you something ie make trades, sales or new purchases but for information pffft. Calls from Ameriprise have tripled this year.

I'd dump your money into a self directed online account like those on Etrade.

Do it yourself. No need to pay advisor commission quadruple what an online trade would cost else where.

Ameriprise has become more high pressure than usual over the last year. One advisor wants me to re-do ALL of my investments and put them in new ones. That would be a laundry of transactions and commissions for the advisors & company.

Although not necessarily beneficial to the customer. Also goes against my goals and strategies for my current investments.

Fort Gratiot Township, Michigan
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article