American University- Poor living conditions

I am currently a student at university in New York and spending some time as an intern in Washington, D.C. While I expected to be the bottom of the foodchain at work, I never imagined AU would treat me so poorly. The shuttle is great, the campus is in a good locations but the rooms are oh so awful. None of the laundry machines work. You much charge the AU bucks card, which you must go to the library to charge, naturally as an intern resident I am not permitted to enter the library! My first night my roommate went down stairs to ask for linens for his bed. The woman went to grab them and while doing so asked him where he went to school. When she heard it was my school, she said that they were not authorized to give us linens. It was 11:00 at night-- now he is sleeping on a bare mattress which may I add is full of bugs, barely wider than an Army cot (and a lot less comfortable). The room reeks of mildew and some kind of foreign food. The only refrigerator for the entire flow is the size of a microwave. If I went to this university I couldn't even stand staying for a semester...but maybe they treat actual students better?
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article