Verified Reviewer

Think Twice !

American Songwriter - Think Twice !
American Songwriter - Think Twice !
Update by user Mar 23, 2020

As expected, they continue to ignore emails. They are a scam ! KEEP AWAY !

Original review posted by user Feb 22, 2020
American songwriter Magazine has several lyric and music "contests" every year under the heading of AmericanSongWriter.com. A few months ago, I decided to enter their lyric contest. Several weeks went by and I never heard from them. They never acknowledged my payment and they never informed me about the status of my lyrics. I decided to email them. I was told that they NEVER received my entries or payment. I told them my bank verified payment. Since they claimed that they never received my entries I told them to send me a refund. Suddenly, when they heard the word " refund " they changed their story and said yes they received my entries. However, since they already " reviewed" them they can't issue a refund ! They claim that they NEVER inform anyone about the status of their entries. They only inform " winners ". In other words this magazine offers no acknowledgment or accountability . They can basically throw the entries into the garbage and PRETEND to review it ! If you like scams then this magazine is perfect for you ! Enclosed are two emails where they indicate that they haven't received my payment or entries UNTIL I request a refund.

The songwriting contest is the same thing, a waste of time and money. Watched the count on my 3 songs submitted on YouTube.

The one that was watched I received an email stating it was being screened, the other 2 nothing. But they took the money. When I emailed about this issue, they responded that all songs were reviewed. When I went to check on my analytics nothing appeared.

Waste of money. Would never do so again.

ID
District 19, Tennessee
Service
American Songwriter Customer Care
Cons
  • No accountability
  • No acknowledgment
  • Scam
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article