American Screen & Glass, Sterling, VA - shoddy shoddy shoddy work and taking no responsibility for the damage as a result

In March 2014 I paid a deposit and agreed to the services for this company to replace window screens, minor repairs to windows, and replace one window in my newly renovated townhouse. In April 2014 I paid my bill in full. Upon installation *** was put in the sheet rock beside the window. When I called to complain about it the ladies in the office were pretty testy. This should have forewarned me for the next issue. We had a severe thunderstorm last night - and more pending tonight and tomorrow. During the storm water came POURING into the house - damaging the newly renovated, freshly painted walls, brand new hardwood floors, and doing who knows what kind of damage to the sheet rock. I called the company yesterday evening and first thing this morning. When I got the return call I was informed that Chris would go out to see the property. I informed them that the renter would need a call 30 minutes prior to their arrival and I provided an alternate number should they not be able to reach the individual. At 2pm I called the company because we had not received a call, to learn that Chris was at the property, on a ladder and looking at the window - no call no forewarning nothing - who knows what he was doing there with no one else around. Chris spoke with the renter and indicated he'd call me "real soon." In spite of multiple follow up calls to the office - all saying Chris would call me soon - I finally received a call hours later. Too late for me to get anyone there to prevent the heavy rains pending this evening from coming in the house again. Chris then proceed to tell me that the problem was not the window but the box above the window. The box that has been above the window since the house was built and had never leaked a day in the 20 year history of the house until after his team was on the property and installed the window. The box that is exactly the same as the box over the window on the other side of it (which is not leaking), is all of a sudden leaking where his crew did work. The box that is cosmetic - not attached to the house. According to Chris, it is this box that is the issue - not the installed window. A window that worked without leaks before is now leaking after his crew is done. I do not understand how he could even begin to make such a baseless statement - he's not willing to accept or acknowledge responsibility for this mess in any way. How this company continues to operate while damaging property and moving on like they did absolutely nothing is beyond me.
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article