Buyer Beware...

Company offered a promotion for $99 (2 nights/3days) for coming in and sitting through a 90 minute presentation. We had decided to sign for their “vacation membership”. About a month and a half later (and 1 of 2 down payments of $525) my fiancé went to book a getaway for my 37th birthday and all *** broke loose. There was utter confusion and disorganization on ARI’s behalf as well as the resort that the promotion was offered through. About 7 people, numerous phone calls, and a week later, they finally called back and said they had a room booked and the fees waved (shouldn’t of been fees. Paid $99 for the deal). I told them we no longer want their “membership” or room since it took a week to figure out whatever on whoever’s part that botched the whole deal. I was told they would call back and haven’t heard a thing since. They also still have $624 of our money. Whether or not we were in a contract, they could not stand by their promotion and for the chaos that ensued after, it’s a sign of how their business is handled. In my personal opinion...stay the *** away from this company. For something that should of been so simple, it was absolutely ridiculous.They are bad news and not worth the money or time. Find deals and book stuff yourself. Lol Seriously

Two years we purchased the ARA plan based on the sales person giving the impression that Vacation Services International could surely sell our timeshare. While the ARA documents do state that there is no guarantee of sale and they are independent of VSI, the sales men were so convincing that Vacation Services International could sell it, that we were convinced and paid close to 5,000 for a service we have never used.

Then ARA convinced me to wait another year and if not sold they could offer me another way out. I have tried to find out more about that but can't get in touch with anyone at ARA.

My stupidity and their unethical sales tactics combined for a very costly mistake. BE VERY CAUTIOUS!

ID
Cons
  • Poor service
  • Fake promotion
  • Disorganized
Not as described/ advertised
Full refund

Scam gifts.

today told Walmart card 25 to 100 got at Walmart expecting 25 as was stated as min face amount. wrong my surprise 5 dollars. hotel card scam too. if sounds too good to be true it is. don't waste your time with these scam artist.
#1720505

Just came from a presentation. Was concerned that it sounded too good to be true.

The free cruise seems to cost a minimum of $700 as does the free airline tickets.

Still need to check out Walmart gift card and hotel card. It seemed false since they reduced the signup fees 5000 all at once.

@PissedConsumer1720505

Don't touch it with a 10 foot pole. You can't ever get rid of it, even dying wont work your kids will have to continue the maintenance fees as it is a 99 year lease. Just multiply that monthly maintenance fee by 1,188 to see what you are signing up for.

View more comments (1)
King, North Carolina
Cons
  • Fake gifts
Not as described/ advertised
Let the company propose a solution

Prizes are a scam

was told 90 minute presentation and free gifts don't go the gifts are a lie as is the product there selling was told owner spends lots of money to get people to come there all promotional gifts

Owatonna, Minnesota

Huge Scam & waste of time

Went to their 90 minute presentation. Pressured to buy into their “club”. We declined & were given our so called “prize”. A couple certificates for a cruise & air fare which would cost us as much in fees as it would be to just book them ourselves. Plus a $100 Walmart gift card, except the gift card only has $5 on it. What a huge scam.

LIARS

I was invited to go to a 90 minute presentation and was told that I would get a $299 VISA gift card so I figured this is great I can get my kids some school supplies. Well it turned out to be 4 hrs and I got nothing. They are a big scam! STAY AWAY! I took time away from my family to go do this and they are predators. They demanded that you buy their package. I am going to look into a class action law suit! The way they reel people in is unethical and just wrong. They lie to people to get them in the door and they don't let you leave until you buy. What a horrible horrible business!

I joined ARI Holiday Network, way back in 1994. During closing, I was directed to sign a document that I had received my gifts for attending the presentation.

After all the documents were signed and in the possession of ARI Holiday Network, I was told that they had run out of the free gifts and that they would send my gifts to me. Well, it has been 24 years and I have never received those free gifts!

Oak Brook, Illinois
Reason of review
I did not get what was promised to me
Let the company propose a solution

American Resorts / ARI Holiday Network Are Heartless Predators

Update by user Apr 30, 2016

April 29, 2016. Not only did AFI not respond to our request to remove my friend's Father from their club from December 2015, they have now turned this senior citizen and dUS Army veteran over to collection without ever having tried to reach out to him as we requested in a letter we sent to them in Dec of 2015.

American Resorts International are not only liars, but the do great dishonor to a veteran of the US Military and a Senior Citizen. They are Predators of the worst kind and have caused sadness and grief to this poor man I've been trying to help. Don't ever us ARI.

They have cruelly treated my friend's Dad. they are dishonest and are trying to steal from him and ruin his credit by turning him over to collections in an attempt to steal money they are not entitled to and cause him to have to reach out to me again and an attorney for help.

Original review posted by user Feb 13, 2016
My best friends parents singed up for ARI Holiday Network and American Resorts for trips they took. My best friend's Mom passed away in Aug of 2014 and my best firends Dad cannot travel due to early Parkinson's and we've been fighting with these companies ever since my friend's Mom died for them to release my friend's Dad from his obligation to this club now that he can no longer travel. In Dec 2015 we called American Resorts in Oak Brook Terrace, IL to find out why they won't release my friend's Dad from this travel club and they told me that all I need to do is provide them with a letter stating that he would like out of the club, along with his Dead Wife's Death Certificate and a note from his Primary Physician stating that my friend's Dad cant' travel. We got the Doctor's note and Death Certificate and mailed thos ehighly personal documents with a letter in Dec. 2015. We've called the Oak Brook Terrace office numerous times since and have gotten no response, which we requested in the letter, and no one calls us back. They won't release my friend's Dad from American Resorts / ARI Holiday Network. Please, for the love of God, DO NOT do business with either American Resorts or ARI Holiday Network as they will not acknowledge our documented request for release and now we have to refer the mater to an attorney. Once you sign up for American Resorts / ARI Holiday Network, they will NEVER let you leave, even with the proper documentation. Shame on you American Resorts for your predatory practices against the elderly even after having received the proper documentation to release him from his obligation. Shame on you American Resorts / ARI Holiday Travel to put our family through such misery.

Most likely both the Mother and Father signed the membership documents. The Mother's death certificate exhausts her financial obligation.

The Father's health condition does not extinguish his contractual obligation. He should assign his membership to his son/daughter.

Wheaton, Illinois
Cons
  • Dishonesty
Won't release member
Preferred solution
I want my best friend's Dad released from your club as his wife is dead and he can't travel and we have sent you this request with all documentation.

Companies Similar to American Resorts International