Ray W Smith

Verified Reviewer

Annoying /harassing phone calls/collection agency

American Municipal Services - Annoying /harassing phone calls/collection agency
Updated by user Nov 05, 2019

It is the City of Gulfport, Mississippi, Municipal Court, not Cith of Gulfportthis is just a supplemental clarification of the name of the 2nd entity/company, etc., mentioned in the complaint.

Updated by user Nov 03, 2019

THe phone number is as follows; 972-394-****, address; 3724 Old Denton Rd, Carrollton, TX 75007.

Original review Nov 03, 2019
I have received several phone calls from a business from Carrollton, Texas, (I live in Mississippi), in which they say they collect old tickets for municipalities and that I owe a ticket from 18 years ago in Gulfport, Mississippi. I have told them several times, that I have no tickets in that town or any where else, and to stop calling my number. But they persist in calling. I told them if someone owes a ticket in a town/state, etc., usually the court where the ticket is owed contacts the alleged violator with a letter. I told them I called the municipality and spoke with a assistant court clerk, and gave them my info and she told me they have no ticket on me. She said it is probably a scam. So I filed a complaint wiht the FCC, FTC, CFPB and THe State Attorney General Office of texas and Mississippi against the company. If the phone calls don't stop, I am going to file a cause of action against them in federal and state court here in mississippi.
Reason of review:
Employees keep making harassing phone calls to me, thus disturbing my right to peace and quiet and tranquility.

Preferred solution: Stop calling my phone number, leave me alone, stop harassing me.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article