SCAMMERS!

Given a low ball quote to get my business. Once everything on their truck they then give you a much higher amount to pay them. They initial will tell you price is based on inventory. When everything is on their truck they then will tell you the price is based on weight. Had very few items to move across country; sofa, arm chair, ottoman, and 11 medium size boxes, with a king size mattress. They said the weight was 2300 lbs.! No way to prove it. This company should have their DoT license revoked and put out of business!
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Items still missing after 13 months

It is 13 months since my move from Pennsylvania to Florida and I am still missing some furniture and other items. I still can not reach any one in the claims department to file a claim so if their is anyone waiting for a claim you will never see it. Called attorney generals office to file a claim against AMERICAN MOVERS GROUP but they were no help either. When they finally brougth my stuff and put things together they stripped screws, broke the bed frame and then they covered it up unfortunately I did not find it till the next day. Please DO NOT USE AMERICAN MOVERS GROUP
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Loss

AMERICAN MOVERS GROUP Never ever use this company

Update by user Mar 17, 2012

It is 13 months since my move and have not heard anything about my missing furniture, they will not answer their phone or e-mails either.

Update by user Jul 17, 2011

Update,as of July 17th I still can not reach anyone at American Movers Group claim division to put in a claim about my broken and missing furniture. When I call I have to block my number, use a different number or a cell phone because they get to know your number and don\'t answer their phone

Original review posted by user Jan 22, 2011
I was given a binding quote, quote #156267 of $3995.00 based on weight then when the movers arrived late I was charged additional $2000.00 based on cubic foot and not by the weight the representative quoted me on plus was charged for wrapping and tape. The delivery date was for 5 day away which turned into 22 days. When my furniture finally arrived things were missing and pieces were broken. I guess I could kiss away all the missing and broken furniture since they don't answer their phone. AMERICAN MOVERS GROUP does not return phone calls or answer e-mail either. NEVER USE AMERICAN MOVERS GROUP.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

After being friendly until they got some money and then you could not get anyone on the phone. Help goods until 35 days had passes and then delivery was 28 days late.

Get on the USDOT SAFT and COMPLAIN,COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, AND NEVER, NEVER GIVE THEM CASH. Waiting to see if U.S.DOT will follow through. Avoid anyone associated with this company.

How they can say they are PROUD movers. liers lieers lierrrrrrs

Moved from TX to AZ. Actually got several quotes and they were roughly the same.

Said they would store my furniture for 30 days.. That was over a month ago! I can't get a hold of anyone, they do not answer e-mail, calls anything.

My entire household is gone!! Never ever use AMG

Sure wish I would have found all these postings before committing with AMG for a move from NC to KC. Like all the other postings, once excuse after another, quoted one price, then the contract shows up with a 4X price.

The original deal was for AMG to provide an 18-wheeler to pick up on a specific date...which the sales person agreed to.

When the packers showed up, they were in a leased Enterprise 26' truck to move all my possessions to a storage facility for a later pickup by the 18-wheeler. A new time and date for pick up was set and has come and gone.

Now, how in the *** do I get out of this mess??

I guess the old saying to good to be true is, well, true. I am moving from VA to CA, and got a quote from AMG that was half the price quoted by everyone else.

I was so excited I almost went with it.. then though perhaps I should do a little research.

I am so sorry that this was your experience, but it kept me from making the same mistake. Thank you so much for posting!

View more comments (3)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Loss

About

Summary

NJ Movers, Moving NYC - American Movers moves everything from homes and offices to trade shows and cars. Our years in the business makes us one of the most trusted NJ ...

AMERICAN Movers Group reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article