Read before ordering firewood from American Landscaping, Inc (Maryland)

About: American Landscaping Inc. (301-384-****) My husband ordered 2 cords of wood from this company. He specifically asked, "Your wood is seasoned, correct?" The company gave us an ambiguous answer "Everyone has a different opinion on what seasoned means. The wood is not green." Stupidly, we trusted that we would receive seasoned wood since that's what we were asking for. To us, and I'm sure most, Green wood means fresh cut, as in this year. If you choose to use this company I recommend that you actually ask them the month/year it was cut. This company sent us wood that is 6 to 8 months old and says they don't consider that green wood. When my husband called and left a message about how unsatisfied we were with the wood and said that we were going to stop payment and have them take their wood back, we got an email relying on the original statement that everybody has a different opinion of what seasoned wood is and that they never told us it was seasoned. They also said if we wanted them to come pick up the wood then we'd have to pay the cost of the first delivery and the cost of retrieving the wood. The first delivery was $70. We decided it would be better to season this wood ourselves instead of wasting $70+. My husband told the woman that we would keep the wood but that he was going to post negative feedback on the website where he found the company because we aren't happy with the wood we got and feel like they took advantage of us. In response to this, the company wrote us back and actually said, "If you post any negative comments about my business I will sue you for defamation and slander as they are unwarranted and undeserved."

My neighbor had a similar incedent to this with this company. seems like they are a bit shady when dealing in firewood.

ID
Summerville, South Carolina

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article