American Irrigation gave inaccurate information and duped me out of $75

I was looking for a company to fix my sprinkler system. I called American Irrigation in Tampa. The told me they had to come out and look and there was a $75 service charge. I asked if they could just give me a free estimate and they said they had to charge me $75. I tld them how big my lawn was and how many zones. I told them all the sprinkler heads were too low and would need to be raised. I asked if that would take longer than the one hour minimum and they said they weren't sure but we would only be charged additionaly 15 minute intervals. I asked for a general ballpark on what the cost might be and they said they had to come out to see. When the guy came out to see, in five minutes he told me it would cost between 500 and 700 dollars and he shouldnt even get started if I didnt want to pay that. I complained they should have told me that before I scheduled the call and he was unconcerned. He said I should have asked for a free estimate which I did, but was told they had to charge $75. I paid $75 for nothing.
ID
Encino, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article